Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:15:19 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sexcoin Cryptsy Trading Manipulation or Bug?  (Read 2153 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:44:25 AM

http://www.heavy.com/tech/2013/12/what-is-sexcoin-price-cryptsy/

CoinMarketCap.com is Reporting That SexCoin's Capitalization is Up 951% Today to $0.18 a Coin,

But This Is Unlikely

CoinMarketCap.com is a convenient source of information about over 40 cryptocurrencies and their current market price. Unfortunately, the sites pulls API data indiscriminately, leading people to make false conclusions — which is exactly what's happening. Clicking the price on CoinMarketCap reveals that Sexcoin (SXC) is only traded at one exchange, Cryptsy.com. Screen-shot-2013-12-10-at-6.36.41-PM

However, going to Cryptsy reveals a grave problem:

Cryptsy is not known for its reliably. This writer can confirm incidents where coins disappeared inexplicably, and like above , where buy orders would not properly execute. Cryptsy is not know for its reliability.

Because of the problems, it is extremely likely that Sexcoin's value is not nearly as high as CryptoMarketCap is reporting, which is no fault of the website nor Sexcoin. Rather, the problem is Cryptsy. For lack of a better term, Cryptsy is extremely janky. Based on the original Sexcoin announcement, Cryptsy was paid some 500,000 SXC for hosting the coin in their exchange, and they are the only ones to do so at present.

Read more at: http://www.heavy.com/tech/2013/12/what-is-sexcoin-price-cryptsy/

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
checkers6676

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:51:28 AM

you might say cryptsy has a case of the blue balls
fennesz

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:52:54 AM

it seems as though nothing is executing on cryptsy right now

everything has ground to a halt

im missing a bunch of sell orders and 3/4 of my buy orders never executed

but hey, at least vern has his priorities straight, hes meeting all his adoring fans in las vegas right now
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:55:20 AM

Can someone text his cell phone and notify him that his livelihood has ground to a halt?

I do see that I have two pending withdrawals that have just been sitting there pending for 3 hours.

Its always gone quick in the past.

I did however successfully purchase some PrimeCoin 1-2 hours ago with zero problems.

checkers6676

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:56:21 AM

they should take the sexcoins they were paid and pay someone to get into their API and plug its holes
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:57:37 AM

they should take the sexcoins they were paid and pay someone to get into their API and plug its holes
Sexcoin innuendo all over that one!!!   Naughty!

eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:59:04 AM

Cryptsy can't handle high volumes of cheap coins.

alexrussel1980

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

CryptoBeggar

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:01:40 AM

its happening on others markets too
cryptsy is bs
enough is enough

Support My Drinking Habits And Guinness Draught Addiction

BTN - > 1DPHLULFXjtXSSCEZVKqGg7Y457q51fxxr
MessyCoin

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:06:41 AM

I think the unfilled orders you see are due to lag in the trading engine. There's nothing to stop someone placing a very high/low buy/sell offer such that you see. Actually it may be a way to ensure that your offer is processed first....

If you look at the Trade history you can see that orders are going through, and for how much. They are going through but faster than the columns are updated.

Basically seems they are having trouble with the volume.

The lag situation at Cryptsy has improved a lot over the last day or two but can still have major problems when there's action like this on a coin.

qiwoman

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:09:13 AM

I have been trying to buy and sell coins the last few hours and all I see is that 0.1 btc has suddenly been wiped off my portfolio..I don't understand when we put in by and sell orders why they don't go within seconds or minutes? This is a killer if you want to make some profit and sell some coin when high price is there. I am sure some of my coin might be missing too. I don't know how to trade on this site anymore, losing my confidence because the trading platform is not working properly. Cry
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:16:35 AM

I have been trying to buy and sell coins the last few hours and all I see is that 0.1 btc has suddenly been wiped off my portfolio
Just saw this too myself.  Had 2.4 BTC, tried to buy LTC with it, the transaction is pending, but my available BTC is 2.3 now....

VforVictory

Activity: 280

V for Victory or Rather JustV8

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:17:34 AM

With a volume over 50k LTC; I wouldn't say Coinmarketcap is misleading... Since it;s orice in LTC really did go up by that much.
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:24:21 AM

How can we buy right now?

I dont understand whats happening exactly.

You put in an order, even for the most expensive current price, and nothing happens.

Should you leave it there, assuming a "lag" ?

Or should you keep cancelling the order and putting in a new one for the higher price, as it keeps changing?

I cant figure out what reality is ....

fennesz

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:26:11 AM

How can we buy right now?

I dont understand whats happening exactly.

You put in an order, even for the most expensive current price, and nothing happens.

Should you leave it there, assuming a "lag" ?

Or should you keep cancelling the order and putting in a new one for the higher price, as it keeps changing?

I cant figure out what reality is ....

it will eventually execute, ive been testing with tiny amounts.

im absolutely not doing any larger orders atm though, since 1BTC worth of my sells have completely vanished.
BittBurger (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:34:09 AM

Okay so I went to buy sexcoin.  Somoeone was offering 228,000 of them for like 0.00001 LTC

Either they are insane or they made a huge mistake.  But it sat there and i immediately "grabbed" it.

I dont know if you can "claim" a trade like that though.  

My order was accepted.  and the lag happened, like it does with every transaction.

And with like every transaction, that offer eventually disappeared off the screen.

Now do I leave it and hope that there's just a lag?  And somehow ill be getting 228,000 sexcoins for basically 2 Litecoins?

Or do I give it up and assume its gone?

12345mm

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:42:39 AM

Hey All thought I'd chime in here with my current screwed up cryptsy case... Here's my messages I've sent to cryptsy over the last 6 hours or so ... problems for me along these lines began last night ... a good 24 hours since the first fukup on their site ... now it's so completely fuked I'm done with them just done. DO NOT sign up for cryptsy as my signature suggests .... need to change that to anything else ... pissed off beyond belief here ...

[#27563] mincoin missing?‏

Actions

Carlin Beisner
11:20 PM
To: support@cryptsy.com
Picture of Carlin Beisner

Aaaaand my 10 ARG is missing again seems to be totally gone I placed an order and it disappeared no order seems to exist ... Along with about 285 XJO exact same thing order placed now XJO totally gone ... the little bit of mincoin whatever it was is still not there ... the 400 globalcoin still gone ... not to mention the btc that has still yet to be returned to me on by now numerous failed buy order cancellations ... what the %$#@%GB%EW do I have to do here to get MY coins BACK ?!?!?!?!?! I live in FL nearby to your business center and drive a 60mpg gas efficient car - do I need to drive over there and "ask" in person where my coins are?Huh I have literally now like 0.035 - 0.040 btc worth of coins being mishandled by you and it's completely impossible to trade with my remaining balance with your site acting like this. For the love of god fix your shitty website so I can get my coins away from you people as soon as possible.
Actions

Carlin Beisner
10:40 PM
Sigh ... this is getting old messaging you all again and again ... I am still having ongoing constant balance issues ... theres like 30 % of my total coins just totally missing from various attempted trades and cancelled orders and etc ... This is just sad right now and I am taking my business elsewhere as soon as you return my god damned coins.
Actions

Carlin Beisner
10:11 PM

Yaaaaaa ... so DGC did finally come back after ... oh ... a while ... now I'm missing 10 ARG for the last half hour ... oh look there it finally goes back to where I can trade it , but yet I'm still missing a whooooole bunch of other coin now for hours ... Look ... if your site holds coins for hours and hours and hours on end and returns them later that is beyond not acceptable - just because you gave them back doesn't mean we as essentially paying customers due to fees are not getting seriously shafted here. If it holds them for 1 hour that is not acceptable. If it holds them for 10 minutes that is not acceptable. Honestly I DO NOT UNDERSTAND *why* this is happening and *what* is causing it. Explain it to me. Seriously. Explain it to me. Use small words big words I don't care. I'd really like to know so I'm not just going crazy here for the NEXT time this site eats my coins because as far as I can tell in the 2 weeks or so I've been using your site you have had problems for the entire 2 weeks. Tell me why my *instant* electronic coins get LOST for HOURS. It's pathetic. Do you guys have servers or hamster wheels? I realize I'm getting more belligerent with each message I'm sending you but I don't know what else to do.

AUDIT MY ACCOUNT - NOW - Right now as you read this - Do it 1st - Do it now - Fix my coins and I'll stop complaining I promise Smiley
Actions

Carlin Beisner
9:08 PM

I'm really having serious problems here guys ... I'd laugh at this point if it weren't so seriously causing me difficulty in trading. I am now missing 25 DGC - Add that to the mincoin, btc, global coin, and whatever else your site has eaten of my coins ... WTF is all I can really say here ... Fix this for me and fix your screwed up site ... I am losing money and patience ... FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT
Actions

Carlin Beisner
6:11 PM

Yeah it's definitely not resolved at all. I'm at this point all screwed up on multiple coins as of right now still. Have sent several support requests regarding ongoing issues. I have missing mincoin, missing btc as a result of a yacoin buy order, missing 400 global coin, and there was another ghost order I can't even remember what it was at this point ... I don't have a photographic memory so I can't tell you what the little numbers were that flash for 3 seconds on the left of the screen. My account needs to be audited and fixed. Please sooner rather than later ...
Actions

support@cr​yptsy.com (support@cryptsy.com)
Add to contacts
5:03 PM
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: carlinbeisner@hotmail.com
Picture of support@cryptsy.com

We have just done an audit of balance related tickets and have found your ticket to be unresolved. If your balance issue has been resolved, please reply to this ticket and let us know.

If you still have an unresolved balance issue, please reply to this ticket with your transaction ID, type of coin and amount and your issue will be escalated to our technical support team for further review.

Thank you,

Elen
Cryptsy.com

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
GigaCoin

Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:45:21 AM

i haven't been able to sell a single Sexcoin since the past 8 hours, as i wanted to profit take some of coins. Really messed up

fennesz

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:47:11 AM

Hey All thought I'd chime in here with my current screwed up cryptsy case... Here's my messages I've sent to cryptsy over the last 6 hours or so ... problems for me along these lines began last night ... a good 24 hours since the first fukup on their site ... now it's so completely fuked I'm done with them just done. DO NOT sign up for cryptsy as my signature suggests .... need to change that to anything else ... pissed off beyond belief here ...

If you want support to handle your case with urgency, that is not the way you go about asking.

Reading messages like that after spending 8 hours working non-stop through tickets just screams "please send my case straight back to the end of the line"
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:48:25 AM

sxc has had 50,000ltc in trades the last 24h Smiley

GigaCoin

Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:48:52 AM

Okay so I went to buy sexcoin.  Somoeone was offering 228,000 of them for like 0.00001 LTC

Either they are insane or they made a huge mistake.  But it sat there and i immediately "grabbed" it.

I dont know if you can "claim" a trade like that though.  

My order was accepted.  and the lag happened, like it does with every transaction.

And with like every transaction, that offer eventually disappeared off the screen.

Now do I leave it and hope that there's just a lag?  And somehow ill be getting 228,000 sexcoins for basically 2 Litecoins?

Or do I give it up and assume its gone?

it's a bug / hack whatever you call it, there are countless such orders all fake and don't work tried them so many times already.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: