Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:21:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easy way to get bitcoins deposited with USD and US citizen?  (Read 1027 times)
Kickerus (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:00:31 AM

What's a good website where I can just put in my card#/Paypal and a $ amount and they just send the bitcoins to my address? I don't want to have to get an account verified or show my proof of residence, why can't it be easy for US citizens???
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:04:34 AM

Paypal is easily reversible so it is not a method of buying or selling bitcoins. Credit cards are also easily reversible so that is not a good method of buying or selling bitcoins.

Best way is wire transfer on a exchange or connect a bank account to use coinbase.
CryptoDuck

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:15:56 AM

I second Coinbase. I setup an account recently it was really easy to connect it to one of my bank accounts. They have a credit card option in Beta. I didn't try it.
antgrinder

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:26:30 AM

MtGox is good too
Kickerus (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:30:50 AM

Got my account registered with coinbase.. Thanks guys. Though right now is probably the worst time to deposit anything so I'll wait for that. I don't like Mt.Gox.. Only using Coinbase to transfer for BTC-E =/
roastbeef

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:01:54 AM

The easiest way to get bitcoins in my opinion is to use localbitcoins.com online option -- a MoneyPak or cash deposit at a bank are both anonymous. There are also other options such as MoneyGram that are not anonymous, but pretty straightforward too.

Coinbase is good, but they make you wait a week for your deposit to clear. Using the online option at localbitcoins, you can have your coins as soon as you make a deposit at the bank.

https://chunkypools.com - POT | WC | DOGE | MUN | RPC | DEF | DGB | KDC | RUBY | POT | STP | SPN | PCN

1% PROP - SSL - custom MPOS - profit-switching port - single-sign on - great IRC community - scalable architecture - no downtime
drewster

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:05:41 AM

MtGox is good too

I'm not sure about Mt.Gox.  I keep hearing that people are having a lot of trouble getting money OUT from them lately.  Sounds like issues with regulation and foreign accounts, not so much fraud on mtgox part.

Ones that I've used:

1- localbitcoins.com -- do cash in-person exchange with someone physically near you

2- coinbase -- first transaction will take a week or two, but ok otherwise

3- cashintocoins.com <-- Note: You cannot put "www." in front of the address or it won't work.  Have used them reliably (3 times so far).

Regarding Paypal, nobody will let you buy Bitcoin with PayPal.  The reason is that PayPal is VERY disputable and reversible, whereas Bitcoin is very much NOT reversible, and there's no central authority to complain to if you have issues.  So people have run into lots of PayPal related fraud --

i.e., buyer agrees to use paypal to get bitcoins from seller.  Buyer pays with paypal.  Seller sends bitcoins to buyer.  Buyer then disputes the transaction, keeping both his original cash, plus the bitcoins from seller.

BTC: 1CvoqpVjmy7ByCqqkxYqGXuB17wrgR2VKf
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.  Hey.  The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant."
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:10:06 AM

Coinbase is quickly becoming hated... I've used Coin.mx several times and got my coins immediately. See my signature for a rundown of their process.

Kickerus (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:32:35 AM

I'm a little skeptical about coin.mx.. since they're only what.. 3-4 weeks old? and nobody but you on the forum has used em? Ehhhh

And btcquick's site came up on my internet security software as a malicious site related to online scams/fraud. No thanks. I think I stick with Coinbase until the price comes down. Only buying 1-2 coins then gonna trade anyway..
Lucky Cris

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:35:27 AM

I'm a little skeptical about coin.mx.. since they're only what.. 3-4 weeks old? and nobody but you on the forum has used em? Ehhhh

And btcquick's site came up on my internet security software as a malicious site related to online scams/fraud. No thanks. I think I stick with Coinbase until the price comes down. Only buying 1-2 coins then gonna trade anyway..

No, I'm not the only person to use Coin.mx... search the forum. Also btcQuick is a reputable company; they just never seem to keep in them stock lately. Oh, and please do keep us all informed when Coinbase cancels your order... it will happen Smiley

Stake

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:36:36 AM

After being verified Coinbase is the best.
Kickerus (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:41:33 AM

And I just want options for when the price comes down in case I can't get BTC-E's stupid USD depositing methods to work by then.
culuuton

Activity: 1590
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:02:03 AM

Coinbase is very good.
drewster

Activity: 74

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:57:52 AM

Coinbase is quickly becoming hated... I've used Coin.mx several times and got my coins immediately. See my signature for a rundown of their process.

Who says Coinbase is quickly becoming hated -- besides you, I mean?

Or why do you hate it?

BTC: 1CvoqpVjmy7ByCqqkxYqGXuB17wrgR2VKf
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things.  Hey.  The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant."
BitcoinSteve

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:39:30 AM

It's called virwox.com You deposit using paypal, and buy Second Life Lindens. Virwox is a virtual currency exchange. The only thing you can buy or sell with USD though is SLL. But then on virwox you can transact between SLL and various virtual currencies including BTC. I've maxed the $104 per day daily limit on virwox for paypal deposits and have bought 0.3 BTC in total the past three days. Out of a $104 deposit, you get about $100.16 in your account after paypal fees, and over the past three days that has bought me about 0.1 BTC per day. You pay virwox a 2.9% fee from USD to SLL and another 2.9% from SLL to BTC. So, in total, you're looking at about 9-10% in fees to get from paypal USD to BTC, but it is very easy once you setup an account.

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
Lucky Cris

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:55:34 PM

Who says Coinbase is quickly becoming hated -- besides you, I mean?

Just search the forums...

lottohedgefund

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 05:18:56 AM

As a newbie this is a frustrating aspect of Bitcoin. Coinbase seems to work very well but their instant transaction limits are quite low, and while others have reported success with coin.mx they seem new and I'm not totally on board with giving them my personal info to get verified.
drknife

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:00:35 AM

Once someone figures out how to convert cyptocoins to cash in whatever country you live in, but especially USD, then the coins will become a little bit more mainstream.
prophete

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 07:51:12 AM

Hmm ill check this out myself and report it later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: