Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 04:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A guy selling a miner on Ebay that ripped me off  (Read 1188 times)
slu2 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 05:13:38 AM

So I sold a guy a Avalon 4 module unit from Ebay.   I filmed it before sending it off, because of scammers like this.
When he got it, he had trouble with the miner he claimed.  Later he said that he would end his dispute if I gave him $125 back.

Well he is selling the miner now, for more than I sold it to him for.   

Its the only Avalon 4 module unit on Ebay that I can find.

So here was his original tactic.   'Buy it, mine for a few weeks, send it back for a full refund'.   Ebay would have likely allowed for this.
But when I helped him get it configured and working properly, he said "well it works ok, just give me a partial refund, and I will end my dispute with you".

I had to give this asshole $125 back. so that I could get my funds in paypal unlocked.

Just thought I would point out that this is the types of scammers on Ebay. 

You can find the auction by searching  "Avalon ASIC Bitcoin miner IN HAND 4 module 100+ GH IN HAND not BFL KNC"

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 05:33:50 AM

I guess there are other Avalon 4 modules for sale on ebay.

But I would stay away from this particular one.  I shipped it to him overnight, 22 hours later he filed a complaint saying that it didn't work right.  My guess is that he didn't let the machine thaw out enough, and he may have damaged the unit with condensation;

https://www.google.com/search?q=cold+computer+condensation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If you buy that unit, and it doesn't work right.  Remember, buyer protection protects you against "item received not as described".
So you can send it back to the seller if it doesn't work right, even if the auction says "no refunds".

Just FYI

10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:48:14 AM

Lesson learned. Never deal with eBay
thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:56:40 AM

Lesson learned. Never deal with eBay

Or don't accept Paypal.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 08:58:24 AM

Yah, I have definitely learned my lesson.   This guy has over 1080 feedback.  I was shocked to get a shiester like this who has that much feedback.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 08:59:52 AM

This is another demonstration why Bitcoin is a more solid transaction method in general as well.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 09:07:01 AM

Another thing that I learned about Ebay, is that a buyer can leave negative feedback for a seller, but not the other way around.   Huh

thehun
Legendary

Activity: 1212
Merit: 1037

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:16:02 AM

Another thing that I learned about Ebay, is that a buyer can leave negative feedback for a seller, but not the other way around.   Huh

It wasn't like this at the beginning but ebay changed it a few years ago. The seller is completely unprotected against abuses.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:43:44 AM

This is another demonstration why Bitcoin is a more solid transaction method in general as well.

Yeah, refundable services like Paypal are a real pain in the ass when using them in transacting stuff to other people (esp Bitcoin related stuff). Rather disappointing how many people still have issues with PP and eBay; we still haven't spread the word enough about these services.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:48:51 AM

Ive made some effort to educate on the ebay/paypal issue @  http://xbttrades.wordpress.org

But I am learning new lessons, and I have more topics to publish on this topic now.   Huh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: