Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 10:52:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Good/Profitable ASIC Miners?  (Read 411 times)
dimka (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:06:15 AM

It is almost 2014, new tech is coming in the spring of 2014, should I wait for the new ASIC's in 2014 or are there still some ASIC's that could turn profit?

Thanks for the feedback!
Megabit monster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:56:46 AM

I have a BFL 50 and a 60 that won't come close to producing the coins they cost.  I'd wait for the new stuff. That being said I'm a noob so wtf do I know Smiley I wish I would have taken my capital investment I spent on those two and waited to buy the next gen stuff.

Cisco CCNP + CCIE Written. Open to various networking/VOIP related projects. 
Accept bitcoin for payments. Extensive successful project history.
gish

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:11:02 AM

Also the new Stuff is not secured to get his ROI but im still in with the prospero x1.
I think the difficulty will go straight up in march/april, but there are other coins to mine  Cheesy
drmadison

Activity: 151
Merit: 110

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:22:29 AM

It really depends if you're trying to mine profitably at what the CURRENT value is, or what you expect (and this is where it gets into risky territory) what you think the value WILL be in say, 6-12 months.

Of course the problem there is that if you expect the price to say, double in the next 6-12 months, you'll still likely make more just buying BTC.

I managed to pick up some miners at <$40/GH but still higher than the 10 that's really profitable...ultimately I don't care.
I'm spending money mining because I want more bitcoins, and because I want to be part of the network that helps further it - it's not strictly about the money at least for me.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: