Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:08:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Instant Buy - Coinbase  (Read 822 times)
Hookmankelz (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:55:36 AM

Who has setup instant buy with coinbase and how long did it take? Does it work as easy as they make it seem. Is it compatible with Wells Fargo?
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:56:42 AM

Who has setup instant buy with coinbase and how long did it take? Does it work as easy as they make it seem. Is it compatible with Wells Fargo?

In the beginning it was just that - instant. But lately they've been cancelling people's order due to 'high risk.'

dwayneblocks

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:44:17 AM

I can't even get instant buy to set up.... I've been trying to verify myself for a week and a half :/

I've nearly tried every combo, I wish I knew what was "wrong"
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:52:23 AM

just an FYI, the payment clears with wells fargo but some on the forum have reported that the "staff" gives them and a call and pries around your business, asking what you are buying hte bitcoins for.
etern1ty

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:04:12 AM

I was able to transfer funds from my Chase account to buy 10 BTC pretty much within 10 minutes of signing up. However, I did have to verify like crazy - mobile phone, allow direct bank account login, verify address, and populate my coinbase profile as best as possible. Also, the funds transfer is NOT instant. I bought 10 BTC for $699 each a few days ago and I'm waiting for the BTC to show up, which coinbase says will happen on Friday. Since my buy order, BTC is now up to $900-1000 USD today. whoo hoo!
beetcoin

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:18:07 AM

I was able to transfer funds from my Chase account to buy 10 BTC pretty much within 10 minutes of signing up. However, I did have to verify like crazy - mobile phone, allow direct bank account login, verify address, and populate my coinbase profile as best as possible. Also, the funds transfer is NOT instant. I bought 10 BTC for $699 each a few days ago and I'm waiting for the BTC to show up, which coinbase says will happen on Friday. Since my buy order, BTC is now up to $900-1000 USD today. whoo hoo!

the ACH payment needs to clear, at least to the point where it can't be reversible. that's due to a unique feature of bitcoin being non-reversible. iif coinbase were to send you the money right away, they would stand to risk losing a lot of their money.
Bitcoin Is A Great Idea

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

It is! :)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:19:06 AM

In the beginning it was just that - instant. But lately they've been cancelling people's order due to 'high risk.'
Yes, I can see many people saying that Sad

ebritno

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:22:37 AM

the ACH payment needs to clear, at least to the point where it can't be reversible. that's due to a unique feature of bitcoin being non-reversible. iif coinbase were to send you the money right away, they would stand to risk losing a lot of their money.

Yeah, I like to focus on the part where it returns power to the consumer. But it does have its draw backs. Can't say I wouldn't do what coinbase is doing now in this regard.
hunkster

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 09:23:14 AM

I hear coinbase is only for folks in the USA, am I right? If they have phone verifications, etc, I don't see how they are going to be able to call up folks from overseas unless they are using voip or apps like Skype.

beetcoin

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:24:03 AM

Yeah, I like to focus on the part where it returns power to the consumer. But it does have its draw backs. Can't say I wouldn't do what coinbase is doing now in this regard.

well, i don't know if it's exactly a drawback.. being non-reversible has its pros and cons. if btc did not have this quality, i don't think it would become this big though.
ebritno

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:31:35 AM

well, i don't know if it's exactly a drawback.. being non-reversible has its pros and cons. if btc did not have this quality, i don't think it would become this big though.

Yeah that is true. Its diffrent from what (i think) people are used to. But (i think) that is a good thing.
Bitcoin Is A Great Idea

Activity: 65

It is! :)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:41:45 AM

I hear coinbase is only for folks in the USA, am I right? If they have phone verifications, etc, I don't see how they are going to be able to call up folks from overseas unless they are using voip or apps like Skype.
Yes, I think they only accept deposits from USA.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: