Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone tried KryptoKit- an instant Bitcoin Wallet extension for Chrome?  (Read 1186 times)
dillpicklechips (OP)

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:35:32 AM

After reading: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kryptokit-unveils-worlds-first-secure-180000893.html
I checked out the download link:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/kryptokit/lhhipingoaiddcoalochnbjlkifbpmoj

It looks pretty simple and easy to use! Anyone had a chance to try it too or check the source code?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:46:30 AM

Browsers are notoriously bad at handling security issues. If you are prepared to hold your wealth in a browser extension, good luck to ya
lizardflix

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:08:09 AM

Heard an interview with the developer on Let's Talk Bitcoin.  Very interesting stuff and they claim to have nailed down security concerns. 
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:11:10 AM

Heard an interview with the developer on Let's Talk Bitcoin.  Very interesting stuff and they claim to have nailed down security concerns.  

Still wouldn't trust it to be infallible. Honestly, if your willing to put your BTC in a browser extension either you're extremely lazy or you're a fool, either of which are good habits to get rid of which will only happen if you lose your coins. So put it this way, if you feel you need a moral lesson, by all means be my guest and use it.
ginbank

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:41:44 AM

Browsers are notoriously bad at handling security issues. If you are prepared to hold your wealth in a browser extension, good luck to ya

That was exactly my first thought, too - I am still looking further into it though because it does look interesting.

From what I read so far: All parties participating in the mix need to sign off on the payout address. If something is manipulated, e.g. someone trying to divert BTC to anyone other than then intended participants, then at least one party would not sign off on the transaction, and the entire mixing deal would not take place.
So if every participant checks that their receiving address is correct, nothing bad happens ..

Its based on GPG and uses tor .. it does look promising .. and I think I'm gonna try it out because I'm curious
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:06:20 AM

That was exactly my first thought, too - I am still looking further into it though because it does look interesting.

From what I read so far: All parties participating in the mix need to sign off on the payout address. If something is manipulated, e.g. someone trying to divert BTC to anyone other than then intended participants, then at least one party would not sign off on the transaction, and the entire mixing deal would not take place.
So if every participant checks that their receiving address is correct, nothing bad happens ..

Its based on GPG and uses tor .. it does look promising .. and I think I'm gonna try it out because I'm curious

Try it out - but don't stick more than 0.01BTC in it Smiley

Honestly, the only safe way to store your bitcoins is offline. Even in the unlikely event the security is perfect, the person running the "system" can always run off with the coins. Happening once every couple of weeks at the moment ..................

Of course they have to claim they have nailed down security concerns. They can hardly say "security - nah, we haven't looked into that yet"  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: