Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:45:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Gates: "I will short Bitcoin if I could”  (Read 180 times)
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:53:00 PM

👍👍
~~~~
Recently, co-founder of Microsoft has stated on CNBC's "Squawk Box" :
-" kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment"
" I agree I would short it if there was an easy way to do it," Gates replied.
-Gates also added that someone once gave him some bitcoin for his birthday, but he sold it a few years afterward
- " As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment, "Gates said on CNBC's" Squawk Box. "

His statements made on CNBC turn out to be the truth according to financial research firm Autonomous Next. The firm said that Bitcoin price has an impressive rise from $2000 to $19,000 in mid –December but then lost more than half of its value and it was trading near $9,300 recently. Therefore, trading Bitcoin or any others cryptocurrency in long-term doesn’t seem to be a good ideal.
Like many critics of the increase in Crypto value, Gates did say the underlying blockchain technology had its merits.
It seems that Bill Gates is supporting the development of the blockchain but not so much for Bitcoin and digital currency. He even wants to shoot them if it’s possible.
What do you think?
RTC
KingMobile

Another big time dude underestimating the potential of bitcoin. We all know that they don't care that much on bitcoin investment because they already have tons of money. Bitcoin will be dead if it stays its peak. No one will invest on bitcoin if there is no possibility of increasing or earning. The fact that he is supporting the blockchain development means that he is into bitcoin as well, he just won't admit it.  If not, then we'll see if he is right.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 01:55:22 PM

Never expected Bill Gates to say stuff like this. I thought he already learnt his lessons from the naughty past of windows monopolies and now trying with his wife Melinda to do good for a better world with his foundation, but you cannot remove the dark parts of his heart I guess. He maybe feels people forgot all about him and so he makes these types of statements,,, so the world remembers oh he was a genius. He should go buy futures contracts and prove himself wrong.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:06:44 PM
Last edit: May 11, 2018, 02:19:12 PM by Hueristic

Sad to say that Bill Gates is officially past it, he may have been one of the worlds biggest movers and shakers in the 80s and 90s but he is well removed from the cutting edge of technology nowadays and his opinions are irrelevant as far as I am concerned. There are some very easy ways to short Bitcoin as 30 seconds on Google will show, and the fact he doesn't know this emphasises how out of touch he is.

He was not a mover nor a shaker, he was a global industry stifler, copy write infringer and technology stifler that slowed global innovation down by destroying any company he could not take over. He gets the moniker as a great business man but great businessmen steal from the good of all for the benefit of themselves and that is what he did. He was gifted with the foreknowledge to understand ruling the tech that controlled our information ruled us. BTW he stole Windows from Gates who had stolen it from Xerox.

Never expected Bill Gates to say stuff like this. I thought he already learnt his lessons from the naughty past of windows monopolies and now trying with his wife Melinda to do good for a better world with his foundation, but you cannot remove the dark parts of his heart I guess. He maybe feels people forgot all about him and so he makes these types of statements,,, so the world remembers oh he was a genius. He should go buy futures contracts and prove himself wrong.

When you steal a bank, handing out bread on a corner does not make you a philanthropist. He never cared about humanity as a whole and still doesn't because if he did he would not be mudding about with his foundation wasting resources and then whining that he tried. I would not be surprised that he is fudding to buy in,as he is a master manipulator.

First of all I appreciate that Bill Gates is supporting block chain but I don’t know why he is not supporting bitcoin. I think he is afraid of bitcoins progress that why he did this kind of comment. Many big investors had already invested in bitcoin and they are happy and hopeful for it. I think he should do study on current market situation then he will understand weather bitcoin is good or not.

Because he cannot control it, research him. He steals any tech he likes and has to have control. It's a massive personality flaw of his, he can't comprehend that others can guide and control the direction of an idea better than he can. I wonder if in his mind his failed foundation is just validated that opinion in his mind. I think it's low self esteem like people that get their Jollys when other people fail because they cannot excel.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:11:14 PM

👍👍
~~~~
-Gates also added that someone once gave him some bitcoin for his birthday, but he sold it a few years afterward
- " As an asset class, you're not producing anything and so you shouldn't expect it to go up. It's kind of a pure 'greater fool theory' type of investment, "Gates said on CNBC's" Squawk Box. "

His statements made on CNBC turn out to be the truth according to financial research firm Autonomous Next. The firm said that Bitcoin price has an impressive rise from $2000 to $19,000 in mid –December but then lost more than half of its value and it was trading near $9,300 recently. Therefore, trading Bitcoin or any others cryptocurrency in long-term doesn’t seem to be a good ideal.
Like many critics of the increase in Crypto value, Gates did say the underlying blockchain technology had its merits.
It seems that Bill Gates is supporting the development of the blockchain but not so much for Bitcoin and digital currency. He even wants to shoot them if it’s possible.
What do you think?
RTC
KingMobile
Just sounds like another scheme where billionaires are trying to manipulate the market. Every statement he is saying expresses how badly he wants to manipulate the market. Didn't microsoft accept bitcoin once? Not sure if they do, but they used to. Just do keep in mind that whales are the one that easily manipulates the market but spreading FUDs for their own benefit.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
thomaseco

Activity: 294
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:46:48 PM

The news shocks me actually. Bill gates was the person who used to support bitcoin from the beginning and he was very optimistic about it. I hope, the recent persception will get changed because bitcoin is going to lead the whole world very soon.
doublecoins

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:21:12 PM

Bill gates and Warren Buffet both spoke competely negative and unwanted sentecnes on bitcoin but with the legends speaking negative bitcoin is gaining more movetum
queenhallmark

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:30:21 PM

👍👍
~~~~

What do you think?
RTC
KingMobile

Another big time dude underestimating the potential of bitcoin. We all know that they don't care that much on bitcoin investment because they already have tons of money. Bitcoin will be dead if it stays its peak. No one will invest on bitcoin if there is no possibility of increasing or earning. The fact that he is supporting the blockchain development means that he is into bitcoin as well, he just won't admit it.  If not, then we'll see if he is right.
Well, we understand that they are not interested in bitcoin, as they have a lot of money. But bill gates very smart people involved in technology, Microsoft has a special direction for the provision of the blockchain to hire (B-a-as). Why does he still have such a bad opinion about bitcoin? Maybe because he understands that at the moment it's just speculation.
MinutePatience

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:35:39 PM

Just a point of view of his side. He is not the creator of bitcoin this makes him crazy. He wants to control everything related to computing.
Suwycu

Activity: 350
Merit: 1

FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:40:45 AM

Looks like Bill Gates demolished the tower ... Or just simply someone on the contrary did not give him the BTC and so he became stupid to carry ...

█ ▌   FABA  |  https://vc.fabainvest.com/   ▐ █   ICO-sale has started⚫══ POWERFUL THOUGHT AND STRONG FAITH CAN DO ANYTHING ══⚫
filipeandre

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:44:38 AM

maybe he is right heheh
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: