Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 02:16:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant open wallet  (Read 403 times)
Bitcoin Dude (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:10:52 AM

Hi guys
I just registered here so if this comes out to be the wrong section for my thread, please do not stone me to death.
All right so. My btc client was messed up on my other PC and I couldnt use my funds there. What I did is that I backed up my wallet and downloaded bitcoin-qt on other pc. Next, I replaced my backup.dat with the wallet.dat on this pc. Oh I didnt forget to rename backup.dat to wallt.dat
Ok now I'm waiting for this client to sync with the network. The problem is that even thought this client on this pc does recognize my wallet.dat from other messed up PC, it says "Wallet is encrypted and currently locked". This thing is that I do know my password but do not know how to unlock my wallet to have access to my funds. Could anyone please tell me how to unlock it by using my password?
Bitcoin Dude (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:39:13 AM

Edit: I went to Settings/Change Passprase and was able to change the passhrase by entering the old and and made a new one. However, it still says my wallet is locked Huh Why?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:06:38 AM

soryr, i haven't used bitcoin QT for a while so i wouldn't know. but you should really look into using an alternative wallet, as bitcoin QT is not the best place to leave your wallet. you could store it on the cloud (on blockchain.info) or use a client that doesn't require you to keep the blockchain up. even if you do want to continue downloading the blockchain, there are better options to protect your assets.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: