News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What price point brings the most value
24.99 4 year contract 1GH/s with incremental increases
24.99 6 month contract 2GH/s

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minning Contracts  (Read 782 times)
ebritno (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:25:01 AM

Hello, my name is Shane Farrar. While I am not new to bitcoin or the forums (lurker) I have finally made an account here.

I noticed that there are a lot of places selling mining contracts that are scams, with only a few legitimate ones. I created a business plan in an attempt to offer a legitimate service for mining contracts. While there service is not up yet and things are subject to change I was hoping to get some feed back on the price point that I have come up with for the service. I wanted to put it up to scrutiny as I finalize it in the coming weeks. If it holds, I hope to start kick this thing off.

Basically I am hoping to offer shares at $24.99 each. These shares will come with:
  • A MINIMUM guarenteed 1 GH/s at any given time.
    • There will be soft prorates that will increase hashing power of a share for an unspecified amount of time. And there will be hard prorates that will increase the MINIMUM atleast twice a year at an amount depending on hardware improvements.
  • A minimum of 4 years service. Contracts will continue to run after 4 years if they remain profitable.
  • No mandatory Reinvestment
  • No hidden fees
  • No skimming of the coins produced by the shares.
  • No repair, power, or equipment fees for the first 4 years (up to 5% of production thereafter)

What do you guys think?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:28:57 AM

4 years in mining terms is a lifetime.

renewable contracts every 6 months, and you might have a winning proposal.
ebritno (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:53:29 AM

4 years in mining terms is a lifetime.

renewable contracts every 6 months, and you might have a winning proposal.

If I were to offer something like that, what do you think the price should look like? reasonably speaking?

The reason why I offered the 4 year share, is because when I researched competitors to create my model, I noticed that mining contractors where charging people for the hardware and for future hardware. In extreme cases they even charge their customers for making a profit.

As I reviewed the different models it seemed to me that the best way to insure that my customers could produce a profit would be to treat them as if I was selling them a physical piece of hardware. Where the profits are their own.

1 GH/s isn't going to produce a profit for 4 years.
But because it is prorated with a minimum number of years, it is almost like I'm selling hardware that grows and comes with a 4 year warranty.

As opposed to renew contracts, customers would purchase more shares every so often if it remained profitable. I plan to increase the minimum share hashing power every 6 months at a minimum which I think will help to keep up with difficulty.

But obviously, if that's not popular I can rework the numbers and see what I can do.

Such as offer more GH/s for a short but fixed period as you seem to suggest.
ebritno (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:22:35 AM

Sorry for double post.

Alternative price points could be:

1299 for 1 GH/s/6 months
2499 for 2 GH/s/6 months
5499 for 5 GH/s/6 months

Theoretically no minimum purchase.

That is off the top of my head, I might be able to work them down if I review my model.

Does anyone else have an opinion of the renewable fixed contracts versus practically indefinite shares
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: