Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:16:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Cryptocurrency of the future?  (Read 573 times)
hairycoins (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:51:50 AM

I don't think BTC or LTC is the most superior/dominant long-term. Yes they are high in value now because it's has received the largest amount of attention through media and it's the first cryptocurrency and investors are investing their money for example zipzap and e-commerce sites allow BTC as payment because it has been over hyped.

Why invest in developing infrastructure for bitcoin when it will become obsolete in a couple of years. I may be assuming things but I think they are just too ignorant and have not looked into other alternatives such as world coin (more coins and fast block times which means faster transaction speed) and peer coin (first coin to have mint, more coins and more energy efficient to mine) they do not understand the potential of these alt coins. When they understand about other alt coins do you think they will still stick with BTC? Also what do you think will be the cryptocurrency of the future?

Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
over1977v

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:56:39 AM

Why invest in developing infrastructure for bitcoin when it will become obsolete in a couple of years. I may be assuming things but I think they are just too ignorant and have not looked into other alternatives such as world coin (more coins and fast block times which means faster transaction speed) and peer coin (first coin to have mint, more coins and more energy efficient to mine) they do not understand the potential of these alt coins. When they understand about other alt coins do you think they will still stick with BTC? Also what do you think will be the cryptocurrency of the future?

Infrastructure is what counts. All you need to understand is all altcoins are just modified copies of Bitcoin without infrastructure
CryptoTramp

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:00:49 AM

I don't think BTC or LTC is the most superior/dominant long-term. Yes they are high in value now because it's has received the largest amount of attention through media and it's the first cryptocurrency and investors are investing their money for example zipzap and e-commerce sites allow BTC as payment because it has been over hyped.

Thanks in advance.
It hink they are all viable as long as people are willing to support them. Even if all BTC we valued at $2,000/ BTC that would still only be $41 billion dollars only a drop in the bucket of the global GDP of $16-17 trillion dollars/ year. Keep the faith and we will have changed the world of finance (as long as the Feds don't shut down uncentralized digital currency trading).    Just my 2 cents.  Grin    -CryptoTramp
CryptoTramp

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:07:08 AM

Also these other AltCurrencies will always be, at least for the foreseeable future directly connected to the BTC. Much like other currencies around the world are directly connected to more widely used and stable currencies; i.e. Eastern Caribbean Dollars ($EC) are directly connected to the US$. Even as the US$ fluctuates the $EC is always a constant trading exchange of 2.7 $EC/ 1 $US. Something to think about... Cool
hairycoins (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:18:03 AM

Infrastructure is what counts. All you need to understand is all altcoins are just modified copies of Bitcoin without infrastructure

So it's possible to switch between cryptocurrency without any downtime or loss of business? What about the end users will there be software that will allow both hash addresses?
hairycoins (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:24:50 AM

Thanks in advance.
It hink they are all viable as long as people are willing to support them. Even if all BTC we valued at $2,000/ BTC that would still only be $41 billion dollars only a drop in the bucket of the global GDP of $16-17 trillion dollars/ year. Keep the faith and we will have changed the world of finance (as long as the Feds don't shut down uncentralized digital currency trading).    Just my 2 cents.  Grin    -CryptoTramp

I think they will try and regulate the stock exchanges so that we have to pay fees and taxes when we withdraw the BTC/USD or vice versa. They know it's imposiable to stop the BTC protocol they couldn't shutdown piratebay if they did I would be bored lol.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:36:16 AM

nearly all altcoins are useless and have no significant differences. maybe Namecoin could be something, but it has no good Devs.

the first altcoin which offers something really new and important will be Zerocoin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=362468.msg3878992#msg3878992

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: