Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:02:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving wallets from pc to pc  (Read 631 times)
Crystaleyes (OP)

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:41:11 PM

Hi, can someone clarify for me whether it should be possible to move wallets from pc to pc and retain the same wallet numbers?

Maybe I did something wrong but I seem to get different numbers on different computers.  Huh

Thanks in advance.

Is it not amazing? That in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles with both spin and orbital motions.

Yet in the macro world, mainstream science is based upon the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible!

This is the embarrassing state of today's science...
AuroraHF

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:45:03 PM

Hi, can someone clarify for me whether it should be possible to move wallets from pc to pc and retain the same wallet numbers?

Maybe I did something wrong but I seem to get different numbers on different computers.  Huh

Thanks in advance.

You'll need to transfer the wallet.dat file found in your AppData/Bitcoin folder.

lmao
Crystaleyes (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:49:15 PM

You'll need to transfer the wallet.dat file found in your AppData/Bitcoin folder.

Can't seem to find that, it is certainly not amongst my Bitcoin files. Could you be a bit more specific as to the file location please?

I was transferring the entire unpacked folder from pc to pc.

Is it not amazing? That in the sub-micro world of the atom, quantum physics requires the perpetual motion of particles with both spin and orbital motions.

Yet in the macro world, mainstream science is based upon the law that a perpetual motion machine is absolutely impossible!

Crystaleyes (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:51:42 PM

Ok, found that hidden on another part of the computer. Where should I paste it to?

myrez

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:07:19 PM

Ok, found that hidden on another part of the computer. Where should I paste it to?
Same place other computer.
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:52:23 PM

please check this may be its helps you for this all   https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory

Crystaleyes (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:33:51 PM

Same place other computer.

Personally I only use Linux. Works perfectly... always.

For some of my work, I have one with XP, obviously being M$ and not interested in service, it refuses to connect online, no forum nor customer service has yet been able to resolve it. 18 months on, and several days worth of combined hours wasted, I no longer even try.

Someone I live with has Windows 7 in Portuguese. REALLY slow and bugged to the max' as only Windows can be. Quite literally, open 'Windows' into your personal life.

One of the wallets I opened in XP (offline) and posted the wallet address was Colossuscoin.

If I am honest, over the years, I have already smashed to pieces various computers running Windows and would dearly love to continue using the XP one for the odd bits of work that still require the inferior software, tailor-made for idiots. It actually works waaaay better than any M$ system since and as long as it is left offline, then hey, all good..... until, the wallets change address with each pc.

Gonna give it a go with the info from the previous link and we'll see.

Thanks for the input...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: