Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:39:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Loss of a family pet  (Read 90 times)
Steamtyme (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:33:07 AM

So as this is the only online community I'm engaged in and it is vast so I thought I'd talk here.

So yesterday me and my family said good bye, to a good boy. It hit us all pretty hard, me and the wife hardest I think.

We adopted both our doggos within a month of each other a little over 10 years ago. They were hopefully friends at the Humane society but if not they developed one and became each others 4 pawed companions, when we were out, or travelling for more than a few days. We also have a kitty they adopted as their own or she adopted them, hard to say she has been with us longer.

While we did get 10 great years with Mcduff, his passing came out of nowhere; Lily our other pooch has been suffering seizures for the last 2 months, and you can see it has aged her; in both energy and demeanor. So when Mcduff began to act ill and show signs of abdominal issues, we figured he ate something he didn't agree, the vet agreed after a visit on Friday,  and pampered him throughout the weekend. Considering he has been our beast with the iron stomach forever we thought nothing of it until he stopped eating and began hiding under the deck(always a terrible sign)

So Monday morning while I was sleeping off a nightshift my wife brought him to the vet, and by Noon we had to make the uncomfortable/sad decision to euthanize our poor boy. The Vet ran bloodwork that morning and it turned out he had developed a form of diabetes and his readings were off the charts.

As I've been logging into the Forum, it does remind me how the last 6 months or so I've dedicated more and more time to my mining rigs and research. With it all still feeling pretty fresh I just wish I had taken a few extra minutes/hours to sit down and pet Mcduff.

Feel free to share your stories, or do as I did last night and drink a toast to all the animals that make our lives great

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
L_777

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:12:58 AM
Merited by Steamtyme (1)

I had a dog up until he died a few years ago. He also had diabetes.   Instead of putting him down, however, I let him live out his life.  He lost a lot of weight and towards the very end, could not even walk.  It was somewhat painful to watch, and in hindsight, I am not sure if it was a better decision, but I am thankful for the time we had together.

The morning he died, I wrapped him in a blanket and set out to our favourite camping spot.  I built a blazing fire and sent him off to the next life.     

That dog has been with me for 17 yrs.  I haven't even known my wife that long. 

I am sorry for your loss. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: