Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 11:55:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No openCL devices found?  (Read 1853 times)
Aj72923 (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:02:31 PM

I just started to try out bitcoin mining and I must say it has been incredibly difficult. Here are the steps I have taken thus far and still have not been able to get up and running.
1. Signed up on btcguild to get a worker established.
2. Downloaded GUIMiner for my miner program.
3. Opened GUIMiner, and this was where I keep getting hung up.
When I open it I get a pop-up stating there are no openCL devices found. I have an AMD 8350 processor and a Radeon HD 6750 graphics card.

I just installed Intel OpenCL, and now GUIMiner will find my processor, but still will not find my graphics card. I have been searching around for several days and have no been able to find any answers as to why neither were working, and just got lucky when it found the processor this morning. I do not want to use my processor for mining though, and would prefer to try out the graphics card before getting invested. Any ideas as to why this is refusing to work for me?
Aj72923 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:16:21 PM

Update: Installed the AMD APP SDK, now i have something called Juniper, and my processor was located twice, but still no graphics card. :/
Aj72923 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:27:24 PM

Finally managed to figure it all out. After installing the AMD APP SDK, I closed GUIMiner completely and reopened it. I then was not able to connect using the server that was pre-established for BTC Guild, so I manually input the credentials using "Other" and managed to get it running.
Thanks to anyone who was looking into the issue.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:30:37 PM

Finally managed to figure it all out. After installing the AMD APP SDK, I closed GUIMiner completely and reopened it. I then was not able to connect using the server that was pre-established for BTC Guild, so I manually input the credentials using "Other" and managed to get it running.
Thanks to anyone who was looking into the issue.
Glad you figured it out. How many hashes are you getting out of your GPU ?

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:32:57 PM

Update: Installed the AMD APP SDK, now i have something called Juniper, and my processor was located twice, but still no graphics card. :/
ATI cards are listed by code name (which tend to take the names of trees). One of the 5xxx series is called a Juniper, I believe. A 5850 would be a Cypress.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: