Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2 days solo mining easy difficulties but no coins  (Read 5773 times)
danimono (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:52:42 PM

Hi all,

Another here who joins the comunity. Very mindblowing subject to be able to transform electricity into coins , awesome idea to free humanity from debt enslavement.

The thing is i´ve been botting  for two days several altcoins like sexcoins with lower difficulties than litecoins. I tested guiminer and cgminer . I really like cgminer most since guiminer i need to activate two of my core cpus to make it run and cgminer dont need it , meaning less W needed.
Farming with hd7770 190mhash I can see lots of new blocks on the list of cgminer but i check the wallet and nothing is coming . So I wonder in which step im being screwed, I think I´m doing all they say in the websites for solo farming but I check the wallet and the icon says not minning. Things I already did. (Solo minning)

1 - download the wallet belonging to the alt coin of choice.
2 - open it and let it syncronice until the green bar is complete
3 - create a file in the appdata/roaming/sexcoin/ with the info they say in the website
 (at this point some add ips there , i dont know why or what are those)
4 - with the wallet open , start cgminer .Previously moddify the .bat with localhost:xxxxx (depending the port of the coin of choice)
5 - it should start mining and finding blocks and send to your wallet instantly

Ok so this is the big picture i saw after my research and at this point idk what is failing because i´m not getting any coin in my wallet.Where are those coins then ? cgminer is finding blocks  but no reward for anyone?? Are those being redirect to someone else pocket?
I hope I helped someone below with the steps , and someone from above pls help.

Thanks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pocketOcoins

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:22:52 PM

Make sure your miner has a wallet address it is sending to....
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:27:35 PM

The "new blocks" in cgminer don't mean you are finding a new block it means someone, somewhere on the network solved a block and cgminer is changing to build off that block.

Are you sure you have the hashing power to solo mine.

What is your expected time to solve a block?  If you don't know or don't know how to compute it you shouldn't be solo mining.
JunkCoin

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:43:57 PM

Mining these days is very hard and almost a scam.
danimono (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:25:35 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback .
What do you mean if the cgminer has a wallet ? havent seen any coment about that i thought opening the wallet already the cgminer conects with him. How do you say to do this . Im linking my key files on the configurations so that you can take an eye. Solomining configs:

sexcoin.conf

Code:
rpcuser=danipro
rpcpassword=14141414
rpcport=9561 --(this port i read it can be any i chose and be sure to open it on the router)
rpcallowip=localhost --(here i read i can put also my own ip)
daemon=1  --(idk what is this)
server=1    --(idk what is this)
maxconnections=6   --(i think this is for how many ppl the wallet to connect)
gen=0   --(noidea)
testnet=0  --(idk)
listen=0

now the bat to run the cgminer

Code:
cgminer.exe -o localhost:9561 -u danipro -p 14141414

i also moddified in the shorcut of the sexcoin wallet adding -server , as i saw in some post . But nothing is working no coins to my wallet yet. The hashrate and dificulties for these new coins is very low so i believe i can solo mine, i want to avoid DOS attacks.I even put all the wallet+cgminer together in the roamdata directory but nothing.

Hope that solved something.Cya
teonoaro

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:38:15 PM

Hey,

Just wait for 4 hours. You will be able post in alternative cryptocurrencies section.

Go to sxc thread. Post your questions there.

People who already done the same problem might help you quickly.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:59:11 PM

Hey,

Just wait for 4 hours. You will be able post in alternative cryptocurrencies section.

Go to sxc thread. Post your questions there.

People who already done the same problem might help you quickly.

I agree it's best to look for a specific forum and direct your questions to those who have experience with the coins you trying to mine.  Good luck though hope you get the kinks worked out.

Apocangel

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:07:52 PM

The wallet will not show if you are mining if you are using cgminer.

If cgminer says its working, then you should just wait. Its just luck.

Try to find altcoins with less than 1 difficulties so you can actually get something.

You can also try mining Primecoins with your CPU at the same time.

Other low difficulty altcoins like CraftCoins have a very variable difficulty. CraftCoins' difficulty sometimes drops bellow 0.1 an you might get lucky.

With your low hashrates you might want to consider P2Pools but if you want to go solo, then I really wish you good luck.
pattim

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:59:31 PM

Wow!  You totally hit the nail on the head.  Electricity -> money.  That is *exactly* what Bitcoin mining is.  Trouble is, Peak Oil and the CO2 dumped into the atmosphere (think climate disruption from Arctic melting) from the coal-fired power plant which makes the electricity 4 us.  So what we are *really* doing is mining bitcoin out of fossil fuels.  A single big wind turbine (1.5MW) can power ~ 1,000 antminer s3's, depending on the wind.  And you'd need a large number of batteries to keep them running 24/7 (i.e., when the wind isn't blowing).

The amount of CO2 into the atmosphere from Btc 'mining' is proportional to the difficulty.  Also, this completely ignores the power required to keep the internet working well.

Bad News.

Hi all,

Another here who joins the comunity. Very mindblowing subject to be able to transform electricity into coins , awesome idea to free humanity from debt enslavement.

<<snip!>>

Thanks.
FUBAR-BDHR

Activity: 702
Merit: 1000

★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 07:34:20 PM

One thing to keep in mind with solo mining is that it's all based on luck.  Even if you have everything setup correctly you may never find a block.  On the other hand you could find one in seconds.  I got back into cpu mining 2 weeks ago.  Found 2 blocks the second day then didn't hit any more for a week then boom 3 in a few hours. 

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2016, 12:38:38 PM

Wait.. you mean you're not mining with a pool?? If that's the case no wonder you're not getting anything. Even with brand new coins that have just come out, it's hard to get anything if you go solo. I imagine the coins you're trying to mine have been around for a while, which means it'll be next to impossible for you get coins. You should definitely look into joining a pool.
sunsilk

Activity: 2912
Merit: 620

View Profile
April 12, 2016, 07:19:24 AM

Mining these days is very hard and almost a scam.
You are right friend and it is very expensive to get the right rig for mining. And surely, it will burn electricity and give you a high bill.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: