Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 05:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Former President of Goldman Sachs Predicts a Global Cryptocurrency Other Than Bi  (Read 201 times)
coinpediaJordan (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:08:43 AM

On Tuesday Gary Cohn, Former president of Goldman Sachs says he thinks the world will get a global digital currency, but it is not going to be bitcoin.

Read news here: https://coinpedia.org/news/former-president-predicts-global-cryptocurrency/
elncrow

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 07:40:53 PM

It sounds really funny because if he believes in blockchain system then he should think who came with this idea first so here is all of the answer because people are already knows about it and they also knows about future and they are also concern. Whereas bitcoin is still in the top position in the market and will lead this system.
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:01:41 PM

Goldman sachs have bashed bitcoin, and bashed cryptocurrency numerous times over the years. It's almost like they have an agenda against it.... It's quite obvious that bitcoin in its current iteration will not be the global cryptocurrency, there are some flaws that need to be ironed out first, including transaction fee and confirmation timing. Luckily bitcoin can fork, so this is only a temporary issue.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:18:45 PM

I wouldn't take whatever these guys say more than a grain of salt. Jamie Dimon used to be so salty and bitter about bitcoin but apparently he learned how the coin really works and somehow changed his heart towards it (while keeping some saltiness, but still). They are experts in manipulating people and market conditions, so most probably they're trying to talk their way in the market. That's how it's always been: random rich guy of the week creates a negative statement, price goes down. A week after he/she changes his mind then bam! Sudden price rise.
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1349

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:18:49 PM

It sounds really funny because if he believes in blockchain system then he should think who came with this idea first so here is all of the answer because people are already knows about it and they also knows about future and they are also concern. Whereas bitcoin is still in the top position in the market and will lead this system.

If he believes in the blockchain he should also know that blockchain comes with BTC. For another cryptocurrency to emerge you need a different network. Blockchain will run BTC and that's all there is to know, you either believe in both of them or you can already stop wasting your time here and watching the altcoin scene.
That said, at some point we may need something better, but who says that this new cryptocurrency will not be an upgraded version of BTC? The software allows for so much tinkering that you can basically rewrite it all and still have the same BTC, just forked and updated 100 times along the way.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
garybyerz

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:34:48 PM

I don't agree with him. We all now accept that cryptocurrency is the future to digital transaction system. From time to time, btc proved it's worth. So, I don't think that what he said was logical. Cool Cool
Ben K.

Activity: 103
Merit: 124

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:42:24 PM

As long as bitcoin is the underpinned currency of all crypto, there will be no usurping it. This may just be a distraction from what is really happening. The reality is that bitcoin is just software code. As long as the developers and mining community work to make it better it will always be king.
dado7

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:48:29 PM

Blah, blah. He invented warm water. Many of the people investing in cryptos believe that some of the cryptocurrencies will become "global" (they are already "global", but I know what he means, and many believe it will be Bitcoin.... some other believe it might be Ethereum, others believe it could be Cardano, Neo,..... finally, lots of people believe it will be something else.

That's normal, only he is a guy from Goldman Sachs...

Tatyana20100

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:58:43 PM

Is cryptocurrency is the future to digital transaction system.Bitcoin is still in the top position in the market and will lead this system.
maaydin

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:04:41 PM

well we can see so many inventions that have taken over from the stronger companies and the first enter are not even know these days, think about the first facebook which as I know was hi5, or the first phone company, they have gone and left their places to the others.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 09:06:23 PM

On Tuesday Gary Cohn, Former president of Goldman Sachs says he thinks the world will get a global digital currency, but it is not going to be bitcoin.

Read news here: https://coinpedia.org/news/former-president-predicts-global-cryptocurrency/

i am afraid i know what he is thinking about.....i am starting already getting nightmares of that.

= they want to make a big worldwide gay bankster party (chinese banksters, african banksters, european banksters, american banksters latin american banksters, middle eastern banksters)

in that party they then are going to introduce a new cryptocurrency which enables gay banksters to live off the others with that fiat token, worldwide, they also might possibly invite/bribe police, and others to their big gay party in which they will publicly illegalise others and celebrate themselves.

it could look similarly like bitconnect but just with banksters worldwide uniting....

instead of friendly gangsters trying to scam others and run away.

JacobLiam12
Copper Member

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 09:08:05 PM

Gary Cohn is a very wise man but I cannot agree with his statement. I appreciate his thinking about cryptocurrency. But I disagree with his statement about BTC. BTC is the first cryptocurrency and it is more valuable than any other cryptocurrencies and in the upcoming future there will be one currency and that will be bitcoin.

hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:51:10 PM

BTC is the first cryptocurrency and it is more valuable than any other cryptocurrencies
That is the case for now but when a better crypto comes along, then it might dethrone bitcoin. The chances of it happening though is very low because bitcoin mainly was the source of the programming codes used in other alts and I don't see how the altcoins that exists today dethrone bitcoin. If Gary Cohn's prediction is right, that real global cryptocurrency he's talking about is still not invented.
Jerrycryptofield

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:07:33 AM

Though according to me if there is any global crypto then that should be bitcoin but Former President of Goldman Sachs has spoken against it and declared that it will not be bitcoin. He has his own points but I hope that bitcoin will be the global crypto.
angelfaria

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:38:29 AM

I can't agree with him because i think in near future world will depend on digital currency and bitcoin will be the best digital crypto currency among them. Because large investor are investing on bitcoin.
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 05:08:29 PM

I am agreed with his statement. World economy is growing fast and people are being used to new tech. And for the benefit of blockchain, I also believe in a common cryptocurrency which would be used worldwide.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:49:04 AM

I am agreed with his statement. World economy is growing fast and people are being used to new tech. And for the benefit of blockchain, I also believe in a common cryptocurrency which would be used worldwide.

Yes a real crypto currency! Not some government or central bank backed up by nothing
than empty or false promises crap, which they could manipulate whenever they want.
The common crypto currency which will be used on a global basis will be the native currency of the internet. And nothing else!
And I hope that Bitcoin will make it in that regard. The chances are good, but there's no guarantee of course.
taksrkanah

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:25:41 AM

He supports the blockchain system but he hates it when people choose bitcoin as the global currency of the future. He should be aware that the blockchain system is created by the presence of bitcoin.
I think actually he wants to manipulate bitcoin and create new coins that he thinks can replace bitcoin.
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:18:09 PM

The global digital currency can only be such a digital currency, which has no big volatility. In the current conditions, this can only be centralized crypto currency. Apparently, Gary Cohn is exactly what he means. Maybe he hints at bitcoin in cash? Well, let him talk, and we'll see what happens in the future. Crypto currency is constantly evolving and in the future it can present surprises to us more than once.
CASTIEL05

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:29:45 PM

Eventhough there are people who hate bitcoin and make some rumors about cryptocurrency, I believe that supporter like Mr. Gary Cohn will help the cryptocurrency to retain its reliability to the people.
It is good to see how supporters like him has anticipation about the future of currency. Well, I do not doubt also about bitcoin and soon as the government will notice how bitcoin really contributes to the society, then they might choose it as one currency in the world.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: