Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:23:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "Newbie" Cant get CUDAMINER to work  (Read 1697 times)
rbh5081 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:36:38 PM

Hello I am new to litecoin mining and only have NIVIDIA cards cards they are GTX580's. I have tried to and installed the latest version of cudaminer but it will not work. I tried to fallow a video on youtube but it still will not work. What am I doing wrong?
My system is a Win7 ultimate 64
w/ 3 GTX 580's

When I try to run the x64 app I get the error " the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000013) Click ok to close the application)

When I run the x86 it will start up it says

1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' alogorithm
http request failed, Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:9332; NO
json_rpc_call failed, retry after 15 seconds

It will keep doing this never starting, Also how do I enter info into it? Do I need to have something else installed? Where do I put my wallet info so that I get the coins I mined?

I know this maybe all dumb questions but I have never had a hard time mining btc, so this is all very new since it is not as easy as install enter info and mine.

Thanks for any help in advance,
rbh5081
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e344/rbh111/cuda.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
qwerty77

Activity: 53

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:03:09 PM

Never tried solo mining, but I guess you have to set that up in your wallet configuration.
Location should be c:\users\<username>\appdata\roaming\litecoin\litecoin.conf
There you have to configure at least your port, so cudaminer can connect to it.

But I wouldn't recommend solo mining on LTC, I think you would have better results joining a pool like http://give-me-coins.com/, I used this some time ago.
rbh5081 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:45:07 PM

Hi thank you for the reply. I would like to mine in a pool but how do I set that up? Is that what I am missing? I signed up for wemineltc.com but you need a mining program and since I am trying to use cudaminer and I have no way of entering anything how would I do it?
nadadenada

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:02:11 PM

Hello there,
I am also mining with cudaminer using GTX 580, you have to install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5

Try installing this:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
rbh5081 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:09:49 PM

Thank you for your reply but I have the all frameworks install up to 4.5.1
lulutis2000

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:14:01 PM

Set up a worker in the pool and make a bat like this:

cudaminer.exe -o pooladress:port -O user:pass
nadadenada

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:18:43 PM

Right now I am solo mining alphacoins, if you want I can paste my configuration file and my settings here. First of all try this command:
"cudaminer --benchmark" and see if it works.
Force_field

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:24:58 PM

First of all, you have to read the README.txt file in your cudaminer folder, and you will find all the info you need for setting up commands and switches.
You can make a shortcut on your desktop pointing to your cudaminer.exe file, and then edit shortcut's "target" line with something like (after cudaminer.exe):
-i 0 -H 1 -C 1 -o stratum+tcp://"YOUR.POOL.SERVER.ADDRESS":"PORT" -O username.worker:password
Only if you input correct data, your cudaminer will start working as it should...

Of course, try to do a "clean install" of nVidia driver before you do anything else...
rbh5081 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:40:56 PM

Again thanks for the reply people I made a .bat file and .exe like this

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334 -u RBH5081.1 -p X -I 13

but when I try to run it in either x64 or x 86 files I get the error

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information whether you need an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program, and contact the software publisher." 

I am going to have to step away for a bit but I really appreciate any help its going on a couple days of trying to get this to work.

Also the cmd box that open when I just click cudaminer app does not let me enter anything like when using bfgminer or cgminer for bitcoins.
rbh5081 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:48:58 PM

First of all, you have to read the README.txt file in your cudaminer folder, and you will find all the info you need for setting up commands and switches.
You can make a shortcut on your desktop pointing to your cudaminer.exe file, and then edit shortcut's "target" line with something like (after cudaminer.exe):
-i 0 -H 1 -C 1 -o stratum+tcp://"YOUR.POOL.SERVER.ADDRESS":"PORT" -O username.worker:password
Only if you input correct data, your cudaminer will start working as it should...

Of course, try to do a "clean install" of nVidia driver before you do anything else...

Thank you for the reply

But even when I fallow the read me and enter it as

cudaminer.exe -H 2 -d 0,1,2 -i 1,0,0 -l auto,F27x3,K28x4 -C 0,2,1
-o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334 -O rbh5081.1:x

I still get the error above
Force_field

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:58:42 PM

Thank you for the reply

Try as i said, now in full... (just copy/paste this)
cudaminer.exe -i 0 -H 1 -C 1 -o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334 -O rbh5081.1:x
If you make one card work, then just add ,0,0 or ,1,2 as you did...
One more thing... it's VERY important that all "switch" letters ARE case sensitive and that you use SPACES just as it's said.
rbh5081 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:40:50 AM

Thank you for the reply

Try as i said, now in full... (just copy/paste this)
cudaminer.exe -i 0 -H 1 -C 1 -o stratum+tcp://world.wemineltc.com:3334 -O rbh5081.1:x
If you make one card work, then just add ,0,0 or ,1,2 as you did...
One more thing... it's VERY important that all "switch" letters ARE case sensitive and that you use SPACES just as it's said.

Hey THANK YOU so much I did finally get it working but it was only getting 197 khash/s after using yours it is saying 240+ khash/s I must have been entering the wrong things the last few days as to why I could not get it working might have been that I was using the wrong case.

EDIT- I should add that speed is what the miner shows my pool shows over 300 khash/s

Second even though my system is a 64bit system I can only get it to mine in the 32bit file.
nadadenada

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:34:29 AM

Hello there,
download MSI afterburner, and overclock it a little bit. Change Core Clock to 899 MHz and Mem clock to 1798MHz and use this configuration:

cudaminer.exe -i 0 -H 1 -C 2 -l F16x16,F16x16 -o stratum+tcp://yourminingpool.com:3334 -O user:pass  (temperature shuould be around 78ºC with fan speed at 60%)

With this configuration I am getting ~300KH/s.
rbh5081 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:49:23 AM

Hello there,
download MSI afterburner, and overclock it a little bit. Change Core Clock to 899 MHz and Mem clock to 1798MHz and use this configuration:

cudaminer.exe -i 0 -H 1 -C 2 -l F16x16,F16x16 -o stratum+tcp://yourminingpool.com:3334 -O user:pass  (temperature shuould be around 78ºC with fan speed at 60%)

With this configuration I am getting ~300KH/s.

Thank you for the info but I can not overclock the core clock any more then I do the heat and stability just do not work out and I end up with blue screens or the hashing drops way low. As far as memory clock goes, they are stock 2004mhz I guess I could try under clocking them but would that help? I use Precision X to adjust but it will not let them go below the minimum of 2004mhz. Does afterburner allow this?
nadadenada

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:48:17 AM

Actually I've got an asus card and I am using afterburner, and with this tool it is much more easier :
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Even if you try with stock configuration you should get about 265KH/s.

http://leimg.com/upload/small/2013/12/13/52aaad603e644.jpg
rbh5081 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:49:25 PM

Actually I've got an asus card and I am using afterburner, and with this tool it is much more easier :
http://event.msi.com/vga/afterburner/download.htm

Even if you try with stock configuration you should get about 265KH/s.

http://leimg.com/upload/small/2013/12/13/52aaad603e644.jpg

Just wondering is as to the cmd line above is this for a single card? Or for multiple and if for only one what else would be added for the three I have? If for only one card then I can see getting more when I fold@home or mine btc I always get a little less each card due to the three running not much loss though. Also you did not mention if it is a downclocked memory since my stock is 2004mhz.

Thank you again for the replies I will get this set up for the best bang for the buck.

Another question is there a way to write up a .bat fail safe like you can with btc? So if a pool or address fails? like this command for bfgminer doing btc?-

"pools" : [
            {
                "name" : "us1.eclipsemc.com",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://us1.eclipsemc.com:3333",
                "user" : "username",
                "pass" : "username",
                "pool-priority" : "0"
            },
            {
                "name" : "us2.eclipsemc.com",
                "url" : "stratum+tcp://us2.eclipsemc.com:3333",
                "user" : "username",