Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:55:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTER.COM SCAM? THE THEFT PROOF!  (Read 27268 times)
user311

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 01:28:35 PM

BTER.com is a scam! I moved LTC to them and when I went to withdraw it asks for a fund password which is never asked when you signup. I tried multiple times to receive this so called fund password and I didn't get anything. There's no way to change your email and if they decide to just ignore you, your money is gone. Avoid at all cost.
Smoothy

Activity: 43

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 07:37:15 AM

Hi guys
Just wanted to share my experince with Bter.com as i see many people have or have had problems with funds on Bter.com. For the last 2 weeks i have been using Bter.com to trade YAC, i have made 8 total deposits, 4 of the deopsits showed up in incomming transactions but then suddenly dissapered?? I was like hmm whats going on? Ohh well the network is probably just slow to confirm my transactions i thought but after 1-1½ days of waiting and 1500+ confirmations still nothing to see in my account so i decided to try and contact them by mail in english support@bter.com after a days of waiting i got a reply from them and my funds was in my account Cheesy so all is good as they fixed it for me. But having to contact them 2 times within 5 days becouse of 4 missing deposits is just not viable to me even tho they fixed the problem quite fast compared to other not so lucky people. My advice to people not getting an answer from them by mail, try and click the chinese flag and click the QQ service, you can chat with them using google translate(some have had sucess with this)
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:07:24 AM

Got my coins back, the english support got no access to the system and just pacifies ppl!

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
skleven

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 08:41:01 AM

I will now try to contact them with another email adress. Running out of ideas after 7months of waiting for help...
Oj0

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 08:19:56 AM

I've traded a few thousand dollars on there now and still haven't had an issue.
7queue

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 04:41:58 AM

I was looking for an exchange to trade doge on and tried to sign up at http://bter.com after following that link from coinotron, site has issues I would guess as it wouldn't accept the passwords I gave it to create an account but sort of logged me in anyway without even creating an account! Huh

http://bter.com/article/11 <-- on this page under the About section it lists some bitcointalk IDs of the creators, I was looking at the trading program and noticed them.

My decision now is not to touch them with a ten foot pole after the initial signup fail.

8 )

8 )
Dâniel Fraga

Activity: 190

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 12:34:59 PM

I was looking for an exchange to trade doge on and tried to sign up at http://bter.com after following that link from coinotron, site has issues I would guess as it wouldn't accept the passwords I gave it to create an account but sort of logged me in anyway without even creating an account! Huh

You can use Vircurex now to trade Dogecoin, but wait for Doge to be added on mcxNow which is much faster and more secure than any other exchange.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:40:40 PM

I've been trading with BTER for quite some time, and haven't experienced more than a day of delay.
7queue

Activity: 177

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:36:09 AM

You can use Vircurex now to trade Dogecoin, but wait for Doge to be added on mcxNow which is much faster and more secure than any other exchange.

Thanks for the pointers,

Tried to sign up with mcxNow, what if name of pet is two words?

Interesting site RS has created though... found an article on coindesk about it.

8 )

8 )
user311

Activity: 18

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:44:39 PM

Thanks for the pointers,

Tried to sign up with mcxNow, what if name of pet is two words?

Interesting site RS has created though... found an article on coindesk about it.

8 )

McxNow is the best. No other place allows you to earn interest on your balances. I'll never go back to BTER. If pet is two words, make sht up!
Fila

Activity: 2

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 06:51:30 AM

Bter.com sucks...
I made a small FLT deposit to Bter to see if it works, but it's already 3 days now and still nothiing comming in to my account.
The months before I also had this problem but that was "only" a few ours delay.
I also send Bter support a ticket the same day but I am also waiting for more than 3 days now to get a respons from them.
Ofcourse I have send them a new ticket yesterday but it's already 10 hiours now and still nothing...
Something wrong with Bter? The new MtGOX or are they on holiday :-(
Last time I did business with them, because this is really unacceptable.

It also looks like FLT page is not active, see https://bter.com/ref/135224
alterwhite

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:38:45 PM

They also stole my coins today, and it looks like it never "hit" my account in what i could see, but block chain shows it hit and then also moved on to a high volume account which is probably their own.  anyone have success resolving any of this with them?
Fila

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:57:35 PM

I have my funds now, it was a problem with the FLT wallet it looks like.
Trading of the FLT is working again, see: https://bter.com/ref/135224
It would have been nice if they had put a notification on their website or replied my support ticket.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 09:46:05 PM

BTER.com is a scam! I moved LTC to them and when I went to withdraw it asks for a fund password which is never asked when you signup. I tried multiple times to receive this so called fund password and I didn't get anything. There's no way to change your email and if they decide to just ignore you, your money is gone. Avoid at all cost.

There is actually a separate "fund password" that you need to use for withdrawing funds, you set it up I think when you make your account. Took my a few tries until I figured it out too.

I have been using bter for a few days now, BTC deposit appeared after not even 1 minute of sending it there. Withdrawal has also been fine so far, fast and prompt. So far, no complaints.
mmsen

Activity: 208

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:23:39 PM

Deposit time was longer than a minute but it was there in full.

So far no issues.
CarlosTorch

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:04:11 AM

I've just traded my Dogecoins for Bitcoins and withdraw to my desktop wallets with no delays, good service.
ryandanielt

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:14:20 PM

Well if it wasnt a scam back then it might just be now.

Apparently according to there website they have "Apparently" been hacked!!!

What is with all of these companies claiming to be hacked to steal peoples coins?

Crypto Ninja! Want my signature? Perhaps you want my avatar? Let me know Smiley
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:26:11 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2015, 01:36:14 PM by Borisz

Their BTC/USD trading has been down for a while. Maybe just I couldn't use it for some reason?

I have withdrawn my funds to trade elsewhere. I received my funds quickly, no issues. I'm satisfied.

EDIT: I just checked the site to see what was going on there. It is down..Well I guess I should be happy.
netmonk

Activity: 219

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:56:32 PM

7000 btc disappeared in their offline-wallet
finlon

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:18:01 PM

Well if it wasnt a scam back then it might just be now.

Apparently according to there website they have "Apparently" been hacked!!!

What is with all of these companies claiming to be hacked to steal peoples coins?

Its funny how they claim and promise all these securities and cold storages and end up getting hacked.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: