View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:22:46 PM

Then
1)i am sure they just shorted every bitcoin possible, am i right?
2)then in june we will be able to buy bitcoins for a cheap price!

TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:33:53 PM

Another piece of complete steaming crap. Starts with this:

One of the harshest critics is Mark Williams, who teaches finance at the Boston University School of Management. He predicts that in the first half of 2014, bitcoins will lose almost 99 percent of their value, falling below $10.

And his basis? China's central bank warning not allowing their banking institutions to offer Bitcoin denominated products or direct trade in Bitcoin. Which as we've discussed here, is merely a ring-fencing move, not a complete ban.

Then, after that wonderful start, the "pull numbers from my ass" game begins:

I view that there's always a chance that a Bitcoin could be adopted. Could be used potentially as a basis for virtual currency. And so that would have some upside. An option premium of $5, $7, $10 seems reasonable.

It could be adopted, but it could go to $10. Wow, you're a complete oracle with that one. And with so many reasons! (Not really.)

Again an example of a sheltered academic that has next to zero understanding of what Bitcoin is or its true potential. I'm bearish and bullish on Bitcoin as it trades, and if I told people $10, I'd have to justify that somehow. Well this guy can just sit back on his laurels and just say it with zero justification. Its complete bullshit.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 06:36:09 PM

Another steaming pile of "journalism"

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:06:42 PM

If he's serious about this "bet" he can put his tenure-ship up for collateral. Ain't gonna happen
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:15:05 PM

ummm, what kind of "expert" is this guy exactly? seems like mostly unqualified BS.

Think it is going to be perfect irony that last people to benefit from bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will be mainstream economists defending their faith in Keynesianism to the bitter, poorhouse end. They will be buying last ... and so they should, all the while explaining in grand empty rhetoric how it can never work in the face of glaring evidence that it does.

They are the useful idiots of the banksters that have given them intellectual cover to perpetrate their fiat rorts and scams. Note, the banksters are already lining up looking to break ranks and get a piece of the action, the new money, no loyalty there just pure greed, bitcoin is expecting it.

HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:36:04 PM

I would not call for a 99% drop in bytecoin by July.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 07:41:56 PM

That is because you are not an "expert" like this guy is.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Jochen

Activity: 228
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:51:13 PM

ummm, what kind of "expert" is this guy exactly? seems like mostly unqualified BS.

Think it is going to be perfect irony that last people to benefit from bitcoin and cryptocurrencies will be mainstream economists defending their faith in Keynesianism to the bitter, poorhouse end. They will be buying last ... and so they should, all the while explaining in grand empty rhetoric how it can never work in the face of glaring evidence that it does.

They are the useful idiots of the banksters that have given them intellectual cover to perpetrate their fiat rorts and scams. Note, the banksters are already lining up looking to break ranks and get a piece of the action, the new money, no loyalty there just pure greed, bitcoin is expecting it.

+1.
Howmany times now did they tell that the bitcoin is going to crash(real crash).. They failed every time.. Its getting boring Grin.
There is always a possibility but those articles claim that they know it all for sure.. Just speculation, like any other.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:32:48 PM

Huge disconnect between Economics educators and Technology.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:50:32 PM

If he's serious about this "bet" he can put his tenure-ship up for collateral. Ain't gonna happen

we'll just email the university to have this moron removed from teaching bright young minds. he should shamefully just resign though.

ok
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:01:28 PM

Second Market is saying that millions of dollars from Wall Street will be going into BTC before June.  It seems highly unlikely that the price will fall 99 percent with Wall Street involved at that level doesn't it?  Undecided

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:04:46 PM

Second Market is saying that millions of dollars from Wall Street will be going into BTC before June.  It seems highly unlikely that the price will fall 99 percent with Wall Street involved at that level doesn't it?  Undecided

Maybe the professor is mixing up his millions, billions and trillions? ... i.e. can he count?

BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:10:33 PM

Maybe the professor is mixing up his millions, billions and trillions? ... i.e. can he count?

Well, maybe if the price per coin gets up to 1 million each and then falls 99 percent to $10,000 by June?   Grin 

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 10:21:47 PM

I hope so because I will be backing up the truck at that time.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:36:09 PM

Makes you wonder how much praise JPMCoin will get.

bitbouillion

Activity: 868
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:53:08 PM

...Now to mine Bitcoins after 11 million have been mined, you have to have super computing power. It isolates the majority of people who can actually mine....

Obviously he has little technical understanding of bitcoin. Difficulty does not isolate people. Simply, with a shovel you can't mine as much as people with a big rig.

BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:58:07 PM

Seems to me that if he insists Bitcoin is a commodity (i'm not arguing that) then he should not compare it to existing commodities with existing uses but that he should compare it to a commodity that suddenly finds a purpose. As an example, seawater is probably useless and unwanted in many places but what happens when mining seawater becomes practical? If he is going to compare Bitcoin to commodity markets he has experience in then he should show me his charts covering a commodity that's suddenly found purpose.

Edit: I wonder which he would trust more: the records of MERS (mortgage notes in the U.S.) of MERSCORP Holdings or the blockchain?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:33:32 PM

That is because you are not an "expert" like this guy is.

Cheesy

bu honestly: every guy has a opinion on bitcoin, like everyone has a asshole too.

EnderHf

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:21:21 AM

Wow the guy didn't really seem to understand Bitcoins just the fact the price rises and falls based on supply and demand. He is just following a pattern but where the f**k does he get ten dollars from I get its an estimate. But doesn't he understand bitcoins is backed by the online drug markets and as many economists will tell you they are one of the most profitable organizations in the world.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: