Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Needed: Unique Christmas Gift ideas bought with BTC  (Read 916 times)
LAMarcellus (OP)

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:16:15 PM

I came across an article recently, http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-iranian-shoe-store-trade-sanctions/

My father is a frothing at the mouth, hook line and sinker, Rah Rah murikah, Iran is evil, person who also doesn't really understand the global nature of bitcoin.

So I decided to order him a beautiful pair of Persian shoes (from the article) http://persianshoes.com/

They're a BoB, Bitcoin only business, although I suspect they accept local Iranian currency and they would probably accept the dollar if they were allowed to.

Anyway I want to know what are you buying for xmas with bitcoin?
I have other people to shop for and if you have some unique ideas please share with me.

I'm shopping for a girlfriend, mother, brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews age 4-9. And of course my father is already taken care of.

Thanks for your response!

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:01:56 PM

I like the persian shoes gift and hope it goes over well. Smiley

Same here it's getting close to the wire and I'm hoping btc will save my butt from having to wait in lines and deal with people this holiday season lol.  Will watch this thread and see what others are thinking and I'll post my ideas as the come to me, cheers

PrFen

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 07:05:35 PM

At the bottom of this page you can find unique idea for Christmas gift (or any kind of gift): www.honorarniposao.net/#!english/ctqd

bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 07:34:51 PM

Depending on how much you wish to spend, I think there's no cooler gift than a physical bitcoin.   But those can get quite expensive...

ohiofarmer

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 07:51:02 PM

Or you can give them actual paper bitcoin so they can buy whatever they want... That's why I'm doing (5 millibits to all my family and friends). It's really easy to send money to a paper wallet: https://blockchain.info/wallet/paper-tutorial

Then, maybe they'll throw it in a drawer and it'll be worth a lot of money in 10 years!

bitcoinpsftp

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:03:03 PM

Or you can give them actual paper bitcoin so they can buy whatever they want... That's why I'm doing (5 millibits to all my family and friends). It's really easy to send money to a paper wallet: https://blockchain.info/wallet/paper-tutorial

Then, maybe they'll throw it in a drawer and it'll be worth a lot of money in 10 years!

THIS is exactly what I'm doing for christmas.  I'm sending 20 bucks worth of BTC to my friends.  Who knows, 3 years from now, that could be worth 2,000 dollars.  It's not impossible!

Cryptolator

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:26:33 PM

I would go with Lealana physical bitcoin. They are beatiful and promote bitcoin in the meantime ! Smiley
bitcoinpsftp

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:27:54 PM

I would go with Lealana physical bitcoin. They are beatiful and promote bitcoin in the meantime ! Smiley

Yes, it's very true.  Only problem is that they're pretty expensive.  how small of a domination can one buy these physical coins at?  But yes, they are usually quite beautiful.

michiganmushrooms

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 10:53:12 PM

My company, Michigan Mushrooms, has a few unique options. You can get a "chunk of coal" for someone: a medicinal mushroom, chaga(Inonotus obliquus), that looks very much like charcoal. We also make skin salves with the same mushroom which are great for dry, chapped skin that is so common in the winter.

If you would rather give dried edible mushrooms I have several different kinds, although they aren't listed on the site: morels, chantrelles, shiitake, oyster mushrooms and more. You can contact me directly or we have 'pay with bitcoin' buttons right on the site: www.michiganmushrooms.net
Cryptolator

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:07:59 AM

Yes, it's very true.  Only problem is that they're pretty expensive.  how small of a domination can one buy these physical coins at?  But yes, they are usually quite beautiful.

0.2 for a 0.1 silver coin is not that bad, of course. It depend of your budget.
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 06:05:36 AM

Take the currency as an intermediate tool, perhaps you will have a better. For example, you can carry your bitcoins to mtgox & bitstamp etc ... arb... you see... then, you earned you withdrawals on lakebtc.com. all after, to buy everything you want to Christmas Gift.

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██