Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:18:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CGWatcher and changing vddc (voltage)  (Read 1109 times)
gbalme (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:01:20 PM

Hello,

I'm mining with 3x7950 and I face a problem with changing voltage on the gpus.

I tried to do that with cgwatcher changing the gpu-vddc option. It works well for 2 gpus which get voltage with the new value I entered, but the third won't change, and keep his original value.

Why that ? How could I get the third card to have the same value for voltage as the 2 others ?

Thanks
gbalme (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:32:28 AM

up
milone

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:20:12 AM

When you change voltage in CGWatcher it is actually just sending a command to cgminer/bfgminer telling it to change voltage.

Are all three cards identical? Your options here would be to:

a) Use another program to verify that the third GPU voltage hasn't changed. CGWatcher (and cgminer) get the voltage from AMD ADL, but other software like GPU-z or Sapphire Trixx may use a different method?

b) Try changing the voltage of the third card with another program like Sapphire Trixx or MSI Afterburner and see if it still does not change.

c) Check for BIOS mods for your card that set the voltage lower. Only do this if you know what you're doing, as flashing the card's BIOS incorrectly may brick the card. There is a ton of information out there on doing this... read it all before trying it. I, nor anyone else giving you advice, is responsible for what you do with your card.

The cgminer & bfgminer devs are no longer supporting GPU mining so I'll save you the trouble - you won't get help from them.

Good luck!

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: