Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:55:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does this forum need subforums?  (Read 1098 times)
Dr.What (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:10:55 PM

So many posts here that it's hard to keep up. Maybe there should be subforums for things like giveaways and pool announcements.
KingGoon

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:12:34 PM

So many posts here that it's hard to keep up. Maybe there should be subforums for things like giveaways and pool announcements.

Agreed! Gamble,trade,giveaways could go in a subforum

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
geocurt

Activity: 55

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:26:00 PM

Would be great.  I understand it's the Bitcoin forum, but since there is a discussion about altcoins I'd love to see subforums for the more active of those.
kanus1113

Activity: 452
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:29:37 PM

Life would be sooooooo much easier! I almost suggested it earlier.
MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:34:58 PM

I fully agree, a sub-forum for giveaway would make browsing simpler.

MEPH

Conurtrol

Activity: 478

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:45:05 PM

+1
kaito

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:50:03 PM

Surely could use subforums for giveaways, announcements of new coins, new pools, etc.
publicstalker

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:08:36 PM

for sure, this is the second most viewed and replied board in this forum
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:24:59 PM

yes

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
INSeed

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:28:02 PM

Scrypt Coins / Sha Coins / Other more innovative coins /Giveaways  / Trades
rhyso

Activity: 129

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:58:32 PM

Positions change and traffic is traffic...

accrual of monetary value
deodecagone

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:03:47 PM

@All

For all of you that do not know the history of the "Alt Section", it was created simply to keep the garbage out of the main Bitcoin forum.

At first the mods of the early Bitcointalk Forum would simply delete with extreme prejudice any post that was alt coin related that was posted anywhere on Bitcointalk until that proved to be a huge task. The Alt Section was then created as an "Alternative Trashcan" and was referred to as such by quite a few mods back in the day.

Theymos has made it clear, there will not be any sub-forums for the "Alternate Trashcan".

Just FYI,

~BCX~

bullshit incoming ...

There is interest from the community into ALT.
If you consider it as a trash community that is your say, (or please clarify if you think you can speak in the name of this forum cofounders about the point of view on Alts), and your opinion is worth what it is worth.

The community want it to be structured into subforums and that is a smart idea to my opinion.  You are just out of scope.
madjules007

Activity: 400

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:11:06 PM

So much yes! It's impossible to keep up in the current state!

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:12:51 PM

These subforums would be great:

Announcements (for new coins only)
Trading
Speculation
SHA256 based coins
Scrypt based coins
Other coins
Development (APIs etc)

Radix - just imagine
deodecagone

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:13:23 PM

@All

For all of you that do not know the history of the "Alt Section", it was created simply to keep the garbage out of the main Bitcoin forum.

At first the mods of the early Bitcointalk Forum would simply delete with extreme prejudice any post that was alt coin related that was posted anywhere on Bitcointalk until that proved to be a huge task. The Alt Section was then created as an "Alternative Trashcan" and was referred to as such by quite a few mods back in the day.

Theymos has made it clear, there will not be any sub-forums for the "Alternate Trashcan".

Just FYI,

~BCX~

bullshit incoming ...

There is interest from the community into ALT.
If you consider it as a trash community that is your say, (or please clarify if you think you can speak in the name of this forum cofounders about the point of view on Alts), and your opinion is worth what it is worth.

The community want it to be structured into subforums and that is a smart idea to my opinion.  You are just out of scope.

I don't consider alts as a "trash section", far wild west maybe but not trash.

Maybe you should have someone literate read my post to you as comprehension seems to elude you.

The powers that be, that run Bitcointalk conside the Alt Section to be an "Alternate Trashcan" and have clearly indicated several times in the past that Alt Currency Sub Sections, will not happen.

~BCX~

Believe me there is nothing to read in your post. Looks like you are trying to make a point in here and you have a hig self esteem, but the fact is that having sub forums would be good, period.
deodecagone

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:22:30 PM

Thanks for that  Shocked
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:26:50 PM

Seems like the mods are afraid of alt-coins and how well they are doing. They probably just want to protect their bitcoin investments.

Only reason I can see them being against expanding alt-coins.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:49:14 PM

@All

Just FYI,

~BCX~

This is more or less accurate. This is a bitcoin forum, and the fact that an alt coin section is here is really just a formality. It should be encouraged for each coin to have its own forum, and the Bitcoin forum should be a secondary forum for coins.

I do ask about additional subforums from time to time, however we have a pretty strong answer, and there is no need to pester Theymos any more than necessary. We could have childboards eventually, but just not in the near future I do not believe.
carajillu

Activity: 577

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:51:36 PM

Yes, it needs subforums!
surfer43

Activity: 560

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:52:37 PM

We need a subforum for coin releases too.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: