Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:14:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fibonacci Scrypt ASIC Miners - Questions and Discussion  (Read 949 times)
jasinlee (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:38:34 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 04:17:13 PM by jasinlee

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=2702.0 - Main Thread, I do the updates on this page far more often. But occasionally I will hop on this forum to update the thread and answer questions.

Fibonacci Scrypt ASIC Miners

The main unit we will be selling is affectionately named the Axiom. Proof of work should be complete this week if all the parts we order arrive, we are going to distribute the information as it is completed. This includes the datasheet and any information that would not reveal our methods of completing our IP. Technical questions are welcome on this thread, we will answer the ones we are comfortable with becoming public information.

A rough schematic of our "core" asic.

Cross posting quote from other forum here.

Update: 12/9/13  - Updates incoming. There will be a shuffling of domains as we go public with information. Stay tuned.

Update: 11/10/13 - Fibonacci - LTCFPGA.com Is now the Fibonacci project, we have begun to open up more information to the public and we are aiming to go public with all our plans in the next couple of weeks. LTCFPGA.com will be retired soon.

We are in the process of making a FPGA for litecoin. I will try to post updates here when I have time. In addition our site address is Litecoinfpga.com or LTCFpga.com. They will also have updates. And we will be developing the sites soon for the ordering system we are going to add to it in the future.

Our goal is to help build up the LTC community. We have several projects rolling at the moment to do this, some of which will launch this week. And in the next few weeks.

Simple answers to common questions

1. Do you plan on taking pre-orders?
A: No, we will most likely do a hosted mining setup like asicminer did, this is a tried and proven method of successfully setting up orders without mislabeling people as preorder customers. And all the while building good will among the community members.
2. What speeds/hashrate/power/heat/ram size/model/etc will we be using?
A: We will release all of the relevant info to our investors first, then publicly afterward. We do need to be able to build them in peace first. The 1 billion questions will be answered later.
3. How will they be answered?
A: Glad you asked! Well we are going to release an instruction manual for LTC FPGA development. There is not much documentation on how this is done, we discovered to our eternal pain and torment, so as our devs produced the code....they did some writing and took notes along the way on relevant items that were never mentioned in the open fpga project.
4. Can I have one free to test?
A: For now, probably not, we are not rich and we have done all the funding for ourselves up to this point. And a mans gotta eat. One cannot live on bbq coins alone. We will release the information needed to modify the miners to be able to use our fpgas if it becomes necessary.
5. SCAMMM!!!???!?!?
A: If you think we are a scam please direct your money we have not asked you for toward any other upstart project currently running. I hear NVC might be worth a look.
6. When will the Production units be sent out?
A: We are aiming for 6 months from now, but that is give or take 2 months either way. We cannot be sure until a stable speed at our desired target is achieved at a consistent rate.

Edit Dec. 11, 2013 - Added for Bitcointalk.org post questions 7 to 13 -

7. OMG Moderated thread, you must be running a scam.
A: I will only delete posts that derail, if you feel like trolling I will usually reply to you anyhow....but when I get tired of idiocracy I will go ahead and delete your posts, so lets only troll within reason.
8. Scrypt ASIC, Seriously?
A: Yup.
9. How long have you been working on this project?
A: Its been about a year.
10. Will you provide a PCB design for the users that purchase just chips once you begin shipping units rather than hosted mining?
A: Yes, it will be available in advance open source with gerbers, support (when we have time), and debugging and updates (when we have time).
11. Will you ship out massive amounts of miners to everyone and ruin the network?
A: Nope, we will initially only sell hosted mining, then once we have viable competition we will begin to ship the units to the public. This will help slow the advancement of companies reverse engineering designs such as ours. Around this time we will likely be done with our gen 2 or 3 chips and have to clear out the hosted units anyway. We are in discussions with the Litecoin Association to help stagger in hand hashing power to continue with decentralization of the network.
12. What price will you be charging for your miners?
A: 0.90$ per kh/s is the current pricing we are using as our baseline. This will likely change a bit, but not much.
13. What is the hash rate and power consumption of the chips?
A: Our conservative estimates are 960kh/s @ 3.5-5.0 watts per ASIC.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: