Bitcoin Forum
October 07, 2024, 07:27:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SecondMarket CEO: Wall Street will put 'hundreds of Millions' into Bitcoin  (Read 4297 times)
peer2peer360 (OP)

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:21:44 AM

Is this the type of news the cryptocommunity has been anticipicated

http://m.entrepreneur.com/article/230346
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:51:11 AM

They are running a bitcoin trust. What do you expect to estimate? That bitcoin will fail?
I can't see any value for the crypto-community.
Mylon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Mining FTW

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:54:06 AM

Uhh... thats more money into Bitcoin, that makes my bitcoins more valuable, sounds pretty good to me.

"All Your Base Are Belong To Us" by CATS
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:14:12 AM

Uhh... thats more money into Bitcoin, that makes my bitcoins more valuable, sounds pretty good to me.

this

it was going to happen, but early next year is sooner than I thought, this is bigger news than the recent crap that everyone keeps repeating

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:30:22 AM

LOL.

Sorry.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:37:54 AM

They are running a bitcoin trust. What do you expect to estimate? That bitcoin will fail?

More merchant adoption if people see Bitcoin being adopted by traditional financial institutions for one thing.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:51:33 AM

how does this even work anyways? do the funds sit in a wallet? in that case, who has access to the wallet and pw? couldn't someone just transfer that money out to their own wallet, and no one would know?
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:23:43 AM

More merchant adoption if people see Bitcoin being adopted by traditional financial institutions for one thing.

I 'm talking about the actual estimation. No one will think better of bitcoin because a bitcoin trust estimates big about bitcoin.  Tongue
peer2peer360 (OP)

Activity: 561

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:34:21 AM

I 'm talking about the actual estimation. No one will think better of bitcoin because a bitcoin trust estimates big about bitcoin.  Tongue

The fact that accredited investors from wall street, large instuitions, Major banks will be entering the btcoin market
Through BIT = "Bitcoin Investment Trust " if  & when this occurs btc is likely to rise in value

Wall street has come to it senses,  & has started taking BTC serious now the big boys want in

Im not convinced that you took the precious time to read the article throughly

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/12/11/fidelity-now-allows-clients-to-put-bitcoins-in-iras/
watts

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:20:49 AM

Yep, Bitcoin is finally being taken seriously. If a few big boys jump in, the rest will follow.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1131

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:48:41 AM

Expect the price to increase faster than expected.

Good news. In two years, we are all millionaires.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:22:17 AM

Expect the price to increase faster than expected.

Good news. In two years, we are all millionaires.

This seems indeed more likely now, the 'hundreds of millions' is just a small fraction of the 'high risk investors' of Wall Street, once they got their feet wet, medium risk investors will follow a few months after.

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1014

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 01:39:11 PM

great news indeed. 2014 could be a good year for BTC

jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:40:48 PM

excellent you can now SHORT bitcoins    Cheesy
virtualmaster

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:17:32 PM

Good news. Thanks for reposting it.

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:36:54 PM

Depends whether you view the price of a bitcoin going from $1K to $2K as having "value"?  Smiley
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:49:07 PM

Great for people who want to make money off of bitcoin going up in value.  Arguebly not good overall because if the value keeps going up people hoard bitocoin and no one uses it as a currency.  Of course that's up for debate , certainly something I think about though.  In the meantime I don't mind the value going up as well  Tongue

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:30:50 PM

excellent you can now SHORT bitcoins    Cheesy

Do it.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1131

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:12:06 PM

Great for people who want to make money off of bitcoin going up in value.  Arguably not good overall because if the value keeps going up people hoard bitcoin and no one uses it as a currency.  Of course that's up for debate , certainly something I think about though.  In the meantime I don't mind the value going up as well  Tongue

The value of Dollar has always been going down to zero but it doesn't stop people from using it.
worldtreasurefinders

Activity: 315

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:19:14 PM

I've thought a bit about this, and if this happens, we will see a spike in BTC price anywhere between 10x and 100x it's current levels.  If/when this happens, anyone holding BTC will be wise to cash out before the bottom drops out, and trust me, the bottom WILL drop out.  The primary reason is that BTC is no longer being used as a currency, but as an asset/investment.  This means that people are getting into BTC to earn a return (priced in FRN) on their "investment".  Once wall street investors max out, the price will stop rising, it will begin to fall, panic will set in, and it will usher in a spectacular crash.  No other asset in the history of the world can go up/down as fast as bitcoins.  The transition from peak to crash will be minutes, maybe hours long.  Within a 24 hour window the BTC price will utterly collapse.  In the words of Dr. Gary North, this will be the stuff of PhD dissertations and books for decades to come.  Don't think for a second that the big wall street players don't know exactly how this will go down, and they will be first to sell at the peak.  So, if you hold BTC, don't let greed blind you to the inevitable fall, and sell at a comfortable price and get out of the path of the avalanche. 

Now, the question is, what price is the price to sell?  $10,000 per coin?  $25,000 per coin?  $100,000 per coin?

Architect, Anarchist, Numismatist, Crypto-Enthusiast.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: