Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:56:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with Imported Armory Watch Only Wallet  (Read 1356 times)
l.j2300 (OP)

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:55:28 AM

Hi,

I tried to import my wallet on my online pc which is running Armory 0.90. I let Armory scan the block chain until it fully synced/caught up. I then tried to import the watch only wallet and it said that Armory would have to rescan the block chain. It has been about 4 hours now and the scanning has been stuck at 66 months? Anyone know what is the problem here? Thanks...
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:15:58 AM

The scanning of the blockchain (I've found) was very quick, too about an hour.

May I ask your disk I/O and CPU status? I can't exactly remember which, but, one was very high and the other had quite a noticeable amount of 'background noise' when I was doing it (It was probably the CPU that was very high).

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
l.j2300 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:18:04 PM

May I ask your disk I/O and CPU status? I can't exactly remember which, but, one was very high and the other had quite a noticeable amount of 'background noise' when I was doing it (It was probably the CPU that was very high).

When I loaded Armory it scanned and successfully scanned it. Right after that I imported my watch only wallet and then it had to re-scan which gave me 66 months and did not change its status after about 4 hours. I closed and reopened Armory, and then the percentage went quickly to 99% then it was still scanning and the approximate time left programmed into Armory said 8 minutes, then two minutes later it went up to an hour. Do I have to re-scan the blockchain everytime I import a watch only wallet?
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:48:11 PM

When I loaded Armory it scanned and successfully scanned it. Right after that I imported my watch only wallet and then it had to re-scan which gave me 66 months and did not change its status after about 4 hours. I closed and reopened Armory, and then the percentage went quickly to 99% then it was still scanning and the approximate time left programmed into Armory said 8 minutes, then two minutes later it went up to an hour. Do I have to re-scan the blockchain everytime I import a watch only wallet?

Unfortunately, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but, I'm pretty sure you do. It has to gather all transaction data it didn't keep about the wallet you just imported.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 06:29:36 PM

Every time you import a wallet, it has to check the blockchain to determine if there's any balance.  If you have lots of wallets to import, the best way to do this is to stop Armory, and restart it in offline mode.  Then import all the wallets at once, and restart Armory in regular online mode.  It will rescan, but it will only do it once.  In the near future, we hope to have that rescan process be a bit faster...

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:34:56 PM

Every time you import a wallet, it has to check the blockchain to determine if there's any balance.  If you have lots of wallets to import, the best way to do this is to stop Armory, and restart it in offline mode.  Then import all the wallets at once, and restart Armory in regular online mode.  It will rescan, but it will only do it once.  In the near future, we hope to have that rescan process be a bit faster...
Maybe you should try storing it in the RAM. Cheesy
l.j2300 (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:59:03 AM

Thanks. This is what I did and it's working great.
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2013, 02:29:11 PM

Please I want ram and x64 back

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: