Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 03:10:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trying to be creative but obviously giving up hope, failing to see the benefit  (Read 570 times)
Hopelessdreamer (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:03:54 AM

So here's the thing I'll just come out and say it I've been trying to save for a vacation for a couple years now...getting nowhere. it's really important to me and no one seems to get why I'm stressed out about it.

I gave up hope but then I stumbled on bitcoins. Cashed out thinking I was getting more (I'm stupid for thinking I'd get that much money) so I regret it because it would have just been better to get Paypal. So now I'm not sure but there must be something I'm missing. Somebody somewhere has a secret to this and they're not sharing. I know they are tax free but I don't see the benefit (I know nothing about economics mind you). I have tried googling and all I find is getting a few cents for watching some videos. Wow don't hurt yourself. I would have been better off continuing to do the GPT sites and cash out Paypal.
I also see these faucets. They don't give you much either and they seem very limited. I'd rather work harder for more than do captchas for less. Plus through looking, I got an infection (it's gone now though from what I see)

So I guess what I'm asking is is the only way to make better money than what you'd get from regular dollars mining? I read up about how this is not a good idea because it's really popular now and you need a top of the line computer so maybe you can't even do that.

I don't know. I'm just at a loss on what to do because I want to give up but I'm also stubborn so sometimes I go back to googling waiting for an answer to just pop out at me. how sad is that
erdbrk

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:29:27 AM

You have not read bitcoins and crypto currencies well.

Read it more and often you get free time.

Don't quit your existing job.

Take more time to learn the community activities.

You might think to change your username to hopefulldreamer.
Hopelessdreamer (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:45:31 PM

You have not read bitcoins and crypto currencies well.

Read it more and often you get free time.

Don't quit your existing job.

Take more time to learn the community activities.

You might think to change your username to hopefulldreamer.

Maybe I haven't but it gets very overwhelming. I'm very anti-logic so I'm not good with economics but I have read up some on this currency.
Free time? What do you mean by that?

I try not to quit what I'm doing but I get so burned out sometimes. I know I need something better.

Community activities?

jones31

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:58:32 PM

So , you're basically trying to get free bitcoins or what?
View 1BTC as 1000usd , and how do you envision getting 1000usd from watching youtube videos or faucets?

Get a real job , put some money aside and get how much % of a BTC you can afford.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:05:20 PM

If you want to make some easy bitcoins rent out your signature space like the one I've got or sell some stuff on the marketplace.
Essex343

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:07:53 PM

sell goods and services for coins Wink

poewerden

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:07:59 PM

I would have been better off continuing to do the GPT sites and cash out Paypal.
I also see these faucets. They don't give you much either and they seem very limited. I'd rather work harder for more than do captchas for less.

Do not use free faucets to try profit, it is just waste of your time
Essex343

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:10:00 PM

I would have been better off continuing to do the GPT sites and cash out Paypal.
I also see these faucets. They don't give you much either and they seem very limited. I'd rather work harder for more than do captchas for less.

not if btc is worth 1 million someday, hehe

Hopelessdreamer (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:29:09 PM

Yeah I got that. It's just like I was saying that's all I can find...faucets, videos and website clicks. They all seem to be just as fruitless. I think I've seen about surveys but I don't know about that. I do that with the regular GPT sites and I only qualify sometimes.
The internet is so big so I know there must be something out there that I'm missing.

sell goods and services for coins Wink
Is it easier to sell for coins than for USD? I've been wanting to sell my junk for a while but it seems nobody wants to buy my stuff. We had a community yard sale in the summer and barely anyone bought anything.
I check out the wanted section in craigslist and reply about what I got but don't have much luck.
They say it's easier to sell on Facebook but it's just a matter of getting motivated and putting myself out there. I'm not a photographer either so the idea of taking pictures of the stuff is not really my forte. Also some stuff I think you can't sell as well on Facebook, like video games. They would probably sell better on Ebay but I know you have to pay a listing fee.
I'm kinda reserved I guess (this is one of the rare times where I make a new post on a message board) so it's much easier to reply to the wanted section than to list something. I don't know why. I know you don't know until you try but maybe I'm kinda worried that I'll sell myself short. I'm terrible with pricing and it seems like everyone tells you different things on what something is worth. I don't know who to believe.

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:59:32 PM

you need to trade your services for bitcoin.  Sell something or work for them.  Look around this site and you will be able to find way to make some extra coins that pays better then the video sites I've visited.  But I wouldn't expect it to pay for a vacation either just some money that should be tucked away as an investment.

ahnonamis

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:05:43 AM

I'm not sure you GET bitcoins or crypto currency. It's not something you get lots of by doing free surveys online. You need to buy them with real world money, or have people pay you using them instead of real world money. Then you can either use them to buy things, or hold them in hopes they go up in value.

Don't think of bitcoin as something you can get for free by looking; think of it as a different form of a banking account with a much more extreme interest rate (which can also lose money). Even that description isn't really accurate, though. You really need to just spend a few days and read up on the bitcoin paper and various other guides.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: