Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:14:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm a victum of xtrememiners.net scammers  (Read 1785 times)
olegtaranenko (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:17:56 PM

Idiot from Xtrememiners has broken wiki page. It doubles content...

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
Darkster

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:38:45 PM

Hey guys,

I am/was about to buy an xteme miner, as they turned up in the wikipages, thought "what's there probably is verified and so to be trusted" but when I looked at their site yesterday and hit "order now" I got the message that "this product is no longer available" which made me think huh? let's send them an e-mail with a few questions but not yet any replies from them.

Then I started thinking, I'm mining at 10GH/s (just started mining actually) and saw on their site "2.5 TH/s" which is the same current speed as the pool I'm mining for so it would mean that their device is able to mine twice and even trice the speed of the pool, that just looks too good to be true doesn't it?

So it made me googling and so I found a few topics including this one.

Had some long term plans made up in my mind already but now I'm really doubting their stuff, this really breaks ppls trust I guess.
I read a topic where someone actually got a refund after asking for photos / some more detailed info so for those who allready paid them, give it a try.

Didn't sent them any bitcoins yet, but does someone have more info on wheater it's a scam or not? Well after reading all this I think it's quite clear, checked the wiki and they're back again their, even after I've send them the e-mail so why would they update the wiki but not reply on e-mail(s)? weird not?

Thanks for opening my eyes, and feel sorry for those who lost coins on this, sadly they also say 5% goes to the philippines, probably 100% is for them and 0% for buyers and people out there on the philippines.
OldHacker

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:42:03 PM

I am helping a victim of hashblaster.com.
(We have worked out some things about them - if you would like to PM i am happy to have a discussion.)

I agree with the prior poster ... these companies look like known companies. Wikipedia article etc.
How can the wiki page be publicly editable without at least a warning about scammers! I think the community could have done more to prevent this!!
OldHacker

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:11:18 PM

Thank you all for your help - especially to the management of the forum.
Your leads and logs are starting to produce.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: