Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:11:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICminer secretly launching Equihash 40,000 Sol/s miner.  (Read 575 times)
kahc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:17:42 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 03:47:38 PM by kahc

So no announcement or anything from them, just randomly popped up in their shop.
The inevitable is happening.
I assume Halong and Innosilicon will follow and announce their Equihash miners soon.

https://asicminer.co/shop/asicminer-equihash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deskless

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:26:47 PM

Great for ZEC. Congratulations
Msobh

Activity: 51
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:44:15 PM

now who bought the Antminer Z9 will really cry . Huge hashrate like this is catastrophic
deskless

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:45:48 PM

I think we will see hashrate climb worse than Dash.
Kalyst69

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:06:00 PM

now who bought the Antminer Z9 will really cry . Huge hashrate like this is catastrophic
ROI is better with Z9

Host your ASICs in Siberia for $0.07/KW all inclusive. Contact me for information.
Kahooli

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:30:16 PM

or four Z9s. etc

They do add a neat water cooling system and low noise cooling. So at least there is some value. But not at 2x the price per sol
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:41:28 PM

Why a Z9 buyer would cry? Z9 is $1999 - up to 50% off with coupon, hashes at 10K sols at 300 watts. I could buy 7.4 Z9s without using any coupon for the price of 1 ASICminer and get 74K sols at 2220 watts.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
deskless

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:42:53 PM

I think at the end buyers of both will cry.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1306

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 02:43:19 PM

It's very funny when someone lauch an Asic, a lot of another pop out

Every asic maker mine a lot with asics, and then they decided to sell to idiots at the same time  Grin Grin Grin

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:49:23 PM

I think at the end buyers of both will cry.

Lol, that might be the case. But if Bitmain releases Z9 on time, a buyer could mine enough ZEC before the fork to recoup their investment since with coupon a Z9 costs less than 2 1080 Ti. Per Zcash foundation, a fork if they feel is required wouldn't be implemented until the end of the year.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
deskless

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 02:56:11 PM

May be the people who got in first cpl of weeks will get ROI. I think ZEC will get their act together and fork much sooner than end of year. I think GPU miners will win either way
tg88
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1405

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:08:12 PM

Grin Grin Grin
cloudhax

Activity: 47

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

Every asic maker mine a lot with asics, and then they decided to sell to idiots at the same time  Grin Grin Grin

its like a game of chicken, they all want to mine in secret as long as possible but as soon as one releases they all start dumping

May be the people who got in first cpl of weeks will get ROI. I think ZEC will get their act together and fork much sooner than end of year. I think GPU miners will win either way

unfortunately I think now that there are multiple equihash asics available they will use this as the excuse not to fork off asics. they'll say its no longer a centralization threat since its not just 1 manufacturer
deskless

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:33:31 PM

its like a game of chicken, they all want to mine in secret as long as possible but as soon as one releases they all start dumping

unfortunately I think now that there are multiple equihash asics available they will use this as the excuse not to fork off asics. they'll say its no longer a centralization threat since its not just 1 manufacturer
A valid point indeed. Oh well. At the end probably only BTC ETH matters anyway if at all. Let these coins go get flushed.
vincl

Activity: 386
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:37:26 PM

its a scam. i have never heard of a customer who received hardware from them. they also have a 48TH/s bitcoin miner for 4k USD..sure sure....
they just have nice pictures but no product
N2DCRYPT

Activity: 148
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:40:46 PM

Said it before, will say it again. If ZEC gets ASIC'd w/o resistance, I see zero value proposition from this project.

Given the wishy-washiness of Count Zooko and Co, I doubt any timely ASIC resistance. May dump my ZEC and load up on DASH. Once ASIC'd, ZEC doesn't bring anything to the table that DASH isn't already providing.
CilantroSFamoso

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:51:31 PM

its a scam. i have never heard of a customer who received hardware from them. they also have a 48TH/s bitcoin miner for 4k USD..sure sure....
they just have nice pictures but no product

^^This.

Has anyone ever heard of this company before?  Or better yet, does anyone know anyone who successfully ordered and received anything from them?

I found one related post from March, but most people seem to say this company is, "Toxic".

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3125914.0

miguelik

Activity: 256
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:53:17 PM

So no announcement or anything from them, just randomly popped up in their shop.
I assume Halong and Innosilicon will follow and announce their Equihash miners soon.

Is this company legit?
kahc (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:14:51 PM

Is this company legit?

Honestly, no effing idea Cheesy
cod3gen

Activity: 311
Merit: 69

PowerMining.pw

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:57:48 PM

I doubt that this company(or shall we just say website?) is legitimate. Look at their other products, and especially the efficiency of SHA-256 nano miner, twice as efficient as Bitmain`s S9....

https://www.powermining.pw ⮚ Hit us with your power while mining for over 30 listed coinz in various algorithms! Get in touch on Discord: https://discord.gg/qSV6b9d
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: