Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER - everglide  (Read 1263 times)
Harderfaster (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:59:17 AM

What happened::
He contacted me by private message because I posted WTB 0.16btc topic. After some talk, he sent me his first paypal account. Since I reached 5 private messages limit, I contacted him after I could send more pms. He replied that he sold the btc to someone else, but that his "friend" has some for sale and that he will sent me the paypal account where I can pay him. So he sent me another pp account, and I payed the 140 usd. After that he sent me PM that I should wait 10 minutes cause his friend wants to be sure that I wont chargeback.
After some time passed he said that his friend thinks that the deal is too risky and wants to return me the money. Instead a refund, I received a request to pay another 140 usd..
And when I said that to everglide, he never responded me back. I ve sent him multiple emails asking for either btc or my money back, but he never responded.
Scammers Profile Link:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=174662
Amount Scammed:
0.16btc/140 usd
Payment Method:
paypal
Additional Notes:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:12:26 AM

This is one of the main reasons why you don't deal with newbies especially with people who created their accounts ~12 days ago and hence are likely to be simple throwaway accounts. My advice to you if you truly did not receive the agreed upon BTC would be to initiate a chargeback (for once a legit chargeback lol) and see where that ends up. Hopefully you'll get your money back.
Harderfaster (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:48:42 AM

Yes, I never received the btc I payed for.. And yes I have started a dispute because of it..
What is frustrating is that it seems impossible to get some bitcoins relatively fast.. And to be a part of the group buy - to be able to earn btc, I have to already have btc.. I can understand that people are afraid of chargebacks and are saying not to use paypal, but it is almost unbelievable to me that I payed through paypal and I got scammed...
Thank you for the good wishes, I also hope it gets resolved fast.

Dont know if it is legal to post paypal accounts here that were used to scam me, but if it is, I might post more info on that after the dispute is resolved.

Edit: Should it be easier to get the money back since the account I have sent the money to is unverified?
Ramhound

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:51:36 PM

Yes, I never received the btc I payed for.. And yes I have started a dispute because of it..
What is frustrating is that it seems impossible to get some bitcoins relatively fast.. And to be a part of the group buy - to be able to earn btc, I have to already have btc.. I can understand that people are afraid of chargebacks and are saying not to use paypal, but it is almost unbelievable to me that I payed through paypal and I got scammed...

Dont know if it is legal to post paypal accounts here that were used to scam me, but if it is, I might post more info on that after the dispute is resolved.

Edit: Should it be easier to get the money back since the account I have sent the money to is unverified?

Depending on your location you might want to look into CoinBase.  After going through the process of of making a single purchase, setting up EBT  and credit card funding sources, I am able to get instant access to the BTC I purchased.

I always transfer the coins I purchase into my own encrypted wallet
m@x

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:52:20 PM

I got scammed too on litecoin.org: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9717.0

I am gathering information on everglide and transmitting it to my lawyer as I write this. Please get in touch if you want us to work together to get him to send us back our money.

In ₿ I trust
Harderfaster (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:10:28 PM

Depending on your location you might want to look into CoinBase.  After going through the process of of making a single purchase, setting up EBT  and credit card funding sources, I am able to get instant access to the BTC I purchased.

I always transfer the coins I purchase into my own encrypted wallet

I am from EU..if I am not wrong, Coinbase is good for USA citizens?
If there is another easy way to get btc, please let me know.

News: Paypal will return the funds in about 5 days...
Thank God for that...

I think I will be asking moderators now if it is legal to go public with 2 paypal accounts that were used to scam me.
m@x

Activity: 117

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 04:56:47 PM

I have no intention of hijacking your post but since we dealt with the same scammer I'd like to say that I in other hand is not likely to get a refund via PayPal because of the nature of the transaction (neither goods or services).

In ₿ I trust
camolist

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 05:07:23 PM

was told by this member i would get $1,300 by western union

"you will receive an sms confirmation for $1300. please confirm"

it would be safe to assume that sms never reached me  Shocked  luckily I do not send  people with less history then myself btc first  Cool

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:13:42 PM

I dropped some negative trust on him. Thanks for the heads up.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Kinderachtig

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:01:55 PM

Whoa!
I sold BTC to this guy.
Well he send me the money, I was just about to send the bTC.,
What can go wrong?, the payment is still pending btw, it does not show on my balance yet.
camolist

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 06:19:04 PM

Whoa!
I sold BTC to this guy.
What can go wrong?, the payment is still pending btw, it does not show on my balance yet.

how did he pay? if paypal refund it and run

Harderfaster (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:27:05 PM

I dropped some negative trust on him. Thanks for the heads up.
No problem..
The only bad btc related experience I had before this is with Butterfly labs..
It just seems so hard to get into bitcoins and not to be left in the dirt penniless...

@m@x you have a pm about the scammer, hope that I can help

@camolist I think Kinderachtig is saying that the scammer in question did not send the paypal payment as he stated.
Kinderachtig

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:39:26 PM

Whoa!
I sold BTC to this guy.

He payed with a e-check, I am not expierenced with paypal. I think he did it with his creditcard.
What should I do? send him the btc or what.
camolist

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 06:56:56 PM

He payed with a e-check, I am not expierenced with paypal. I think he did it with his creditcard.

e-check is from a linked checking account (cards would be instant) a bit more secure but still risky especially when there is doubt about the user it is coming from

paypal should only be accepted from highly rated people or people you know/trust yourself - it's very simple to reverse a payment on there

everglide

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:53:00 PM

Whoa!
I sold BTC to this guy.

Kinderachtig is the scammer here.

I found an arbitrage opportunity and Kinderachtig was to sell me some BTC. I paid him with paypal but he never transferred btc as agreed. Countless PMs was sent to him but he never replied eventually.

Since m@x has came out to say he is getting a lawyer involved, Kinderachtig realizes he is involved in this and has PMed me to "chargeback" on him (to save his own ass). Obviously I'm not falling for this. Kinderachtig, until you pay me BTC we agreed upon I have none to complete my other deals. So if this goes into a lawsuit, you're going down too.
camolist

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:08:55 PM

I found an arbitrage opportunity and Kinderachtig was to sell me some BTC. I paid him with paypal but he never transferred btc as agreed. Countless PMs was sent to him but he never replied eventually.
Since m@x has came out to say he is getting a lawyer involved, Kinderachtig realizes he is involved in this and has PMed me to "chargeback" on him (to save his own ass). Obviously I'm not falling for this. Kinderachtig, until you pay me BTC we agreed upon I have none to complete my other deals. So if this goes into a lawsuit, you're going down too.

I feel the exchange forum is so overrun with people trying to scam that scammers are becoming the scammed

any explanation for this this one everglide?
"Will send in USD of course. I need your mobile too and I can do this right away."
"you will receive an sms confirmation for $1300. please confirm"

nothing was ever received

xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:19:25 AM

Whoa!
I sold BTC to this guy.

E-checks can "bounce" just so you know. You should wait for it to clear before sending BTC!

He said you paid with a e-check. Those take a couple of days to clear, nobody is just going to send you BTC while they wait to see if the e-check clears or not.
Kinderachtig

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:36:17 PM

Whoa!
I sold BTC to this guy.

You are such a liar. I have all the personal messages, I am not scared of a lawsuit or whatever.
No had no arbitage agreement, if we had one you would send me btc and I would send you money.Our deal was you send me money I send you BTC. But al there is a message in my paypal account that says Pending. I am not sending you any btc untill the money is on my balance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: