Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:22:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scanning Transaction History is taking longer than usual.  (Read 935 times)
omegaflare (OP)

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:24:51 AM

Hello:

I have the latest version for Armory 0.90 beta. I tried to send bitcoins after I entered my password and it crashed (seems to be a common pattern...). So I restarted the client and it's taking usually longer for Armory to finish scanning transaction (usually 30 seconds). Now it takes 15 minutes. Why?

I cannot afford to have Armory crashing ALL OF THE DAMN time when after I send bitcoins. Make this a priority fix, please!

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
omegaflare (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:44:55 AM

Now I cannot send bitcoins because it KEEPS CRASHING! Good lord.. this is becoming a norm. Scanning Transaction History SHOULD NOT TAKE 16 minutes.

Again, FREAKING FIX IT!

omegaflare (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:57:46 AM

This is absurd.. it KEEPS CRASHING! WILL YOU FUCKING FIX IT!

Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:44:21 PM

You might want to post a log, rather than "dun work, feex eet".

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
omegaflare (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 02:05:13 PM

It's not there, strange. So yes, "dun work, feex eet".

mrdavis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:22:58 AM

Did you think the developer of the software you got for free was going to help you within a half hour, before 7am when you supplied no details of your system or what steps you've taken to work it out yourself? Screaming profanity is unlikely to motivate anyone to help you.
braveryraptor

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:48:17 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 02:01:56 AM by braveryraptor

On another note!

I've recently had to purchase a new HDD because my old one failed basically and now I've been trying to get Armory 0.9 beta to install/work appropriately and it doesn't seem to be happening. I downloaded Bitcoin Qt, let the blockchain download, etc etc and now when I run Armory, it crashes as soon as it begins to "Build Databases and Scan". Like a window comes up and says that Armory has quit working properly. I have searched for a fix, but haven't found anything that seems to work. I can start the TestNet and it works alright I think, but nothing else.

I just would like to eventually import my backups and have my few btc again lol

Edit:

I believe I may have found the problem..but what should I do about it? I've tried reinstalling tons of times.

"LevelDB Error: Corruption 2 missing files; e.g.:C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases/leveldb_headers/000157.sst"

https://i.imgur.com/gqG4P84.png
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:33:46 AM

On another note!

I've recently had to purchase a new HDD because my old one failed basically and now I've been trying to get Armory 0.9 beta to install/work appropriately and it doesn't seem to be happening. I downloaded Bitcoin Qt, let the blockchain download, etc etc and now when I run Armory, it crashes as soon as it begins to "Build Databases and Scan". Like a window comes up and says that Armory has quit working properly. I have searched for a fix, but haven't found anything that seems to work. I can start the TestNet and it works alright I think, but nothing else.

I just would like to eventually import my backups and have my few btc again lol

Edit:

I believe I may have found the problem..but what should I do about it? I've tried reinstalling tons of times.

"LevelDB Error: Corruption 2 missing files; e.g.:C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Armory\databases/leveldb_headers/000157.sst"

Purely a guess, I'm not very good with these kinds of things, but, run bitcoind with the following flags:-
Code:
-rescan -reindex

And then, before starting up Armory, delete the Armory folder located at:-
Code:
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Armory\

Make sure you back it up first, however.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1345

Armory Developer

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:55:59 PM

1) No one answered because the whole team was at the InsideBitcoin conference in Vegas

2) Armory isnt crashing, it's hanging, i.e. it is caught in a n2 operation bug, which makes it take a very long time to unlock wallets in certain circumstances. This issue has been fixed. The fix, along with a wallet recovery tool, will be added to the next release

3) Usually in those cases, Armory getting caught up in a very long computation, your OS sees that it isnt responding anymore and assume it has crashed, offering you to kill the process.

4) Ungracefully closing Armory will have you rescan your tx history on the next restart, to make sure the DB wasnt corrupted (in case of an actual crash)

5) You can always try to get us on our support channel: support@bitcoinarmory.com

6) This is free, open source software. Have some patience with us, we cant just afford a 24/7 support channel.

7) In case you dont want to wait for the n2 operation to complete, restore your wallet from a paper backup.

Automatic: corrupted DB on Armory's side. Your best bet it to delete the db folder, or as you did, force a rebuild with the --rebuild switch. If it happens again, catch us on the support forums and dont wipe the db just yet, we may want to have a look at it. You can build a new db in another folder using the --dbdir switch

etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 03:28:34 AM

To add to goatpig's comments:

There's a menu option: "Help" --> "Rebuild & Rescan Databases".  That will fix any DB problems on Armory's side.  Manually going into the databases directory is only necessary if it the menu option doesn't work (which it turns out happens sometimes due to a bug when the database is thoroughly corrupted).

Also, please check the website:

https://bitcoinarmory.com/download/troubleshooting/
https://bitcoinarmory.com/about/faqs/

If Armory crashes every time you type in your password, it's most likely a wallet corruption issue.   There's instructions on the website. 

And if you are going to use our support channel, please use "File"->"Export Log File" and attach it to the email to support@bitcoinarmory.com.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: