Bitcoin Forum
June 05, 2024, 12:47:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e funds being held by PayPal  (Read 895 times)
Elphamyto (OP)

Activity: 117
Merit: 16

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:27:13 PM

So I sold $600.00 on BTC-e and cashed-out via USD PayPal. A few days later the money arrives in my PayPal account, however, the day after receiving the money the funds are put on hold (that is to say, subtracted from my account). The email I received from PayPal states: "You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorized by the PayPal account holder..." While awaiting for PayPal to arbitrate this dispute, I'm reading tons of negative feedback about BTC-e fraud and my hopes of receiving these funds unscathed is rapidly diminishing. Is there anything I can do (or not do, for that matter) to help my odds at this point? Thanks for your feedback.
Olly_K

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:28:32 PM

I've done exactly the same as you, cashing out into USD then into PayPal about 5 times now with BTC-e - no problems so far but this is worrying !
Elphamyto (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:09:51 AM

Well after weeks of waiting for a settlement over my withheld payment, today PayPal has reversed the payment and sent the money back to BTC-e. Any help from BTC-e over the last couple of weeks would have greatly appreciated, and I would like to believe that they will respond to the support ticket which I submitted today... but obviously such help is asking too much. Apparently BTC-e has no intention of upholding their end of this deal. If they do decide to cooperate, I will gladly update my posts regarding their reliability, but until then, I advise people to steer clear of BTC-e as they are either fraudulent or negligent in their business transactions.
primeomega

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 11:40:45 PM

any new update?  had to find a good place to sell LTC.

Join Cryptsy today: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=102496
BTC: 139MV449UuLAcdndGATzDfwZ6aJTtgcJv8
LTC: LS1D74RomV9CmoMEBiomQZX9Hywqe8Ndq8
Elphamyto (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:54:37 AM

Good news regarding this issue... Someone from BTC-e support responded to one of my many support tickets (which I placed weeks ago), stating that the money was re-sent to my PayPal account. The money was, in fact, re-delivered to PayPal and I have since successfully withdrawn said funds to my bank account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: