Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:59:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Legit or scam  (Read 120 times)
Resa02 (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:09:47 PM

How can I determine the legit one, and the scam one when it comes to ICO, bounty's and airdrop of altcoins?
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:11:36 PM

How can I determine the legit one, and the scam one when it comes to ICO, bounty's and airdrop of altcoins?
It's basically hard to track down the scam ICOs unless there is someone in the development team that was involved already in some scams before.

You can figure it out in the long run but to know it from the very beginning, you can figure it out if they are acting shady, their way of advertising is shady and they don't have a transparent team that can front to the investors.
Muslimin mj

Activity: 569
Merit: 18

Goldeth.io

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:20:50 PM

First, we have to preview their site, their marketing, be it ICO or airdrop, token price must also be monitored, and how many tokens have been sold, then we join bounty or invested. I think legit will be achieved.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:29:28 PM

Team, history, code, whitepaper, community and demand. They are all become important thing must need to be analyzed by you. It's so difficult in my opinion because the majority of scam ico looks fine and nothing happened with it. But you can see the community behind it and it becomes an primary reason to determine how good that ico is.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
mitrajkt

Activity: 508
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:48:59 PM

I agree with the above that you can see also from roadmap, white paper and website, basically have to be more careful because both promise a gift.
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:57:40 PM

As people above me already stated, do your extensive research, dive into their team (background checks), partnerships, their behavior and promises, their social media profiles (fake followers/bots) and so on...all of these indicators can reveal major red flags and a potential of being a scam ICO.
Serco

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:25:28 PM

The first thing you should see is the biography project team ico, whether the data is detailed or not, then you can judge those who usually you can see from their whitepaper, Additionally you can look like on the web site about ico, there already available in estimate of ico. Of course you also have to look at their web site, such as sponsors, listed on some websites as well as ico team profile.

▄█  █▄
              ▄▀█  █▌
             █▀ █ ▐█  ▄      ▄▄▄
         ▀▄ ██▄▄█ ▐█  ▀▀      █▀▄▄
           ██▀▀██ █▌  █▌ ▄▀▀▌ █▄▄
     █▄▄  ▄█   ▄█▐█▌  █▌▐█    █  ▄▄

▄▄▄▄▀███▀   ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▄▀      █
▄██               ▐▌█ █▀▄ █▄  ▄▄  █       █▌  ▐▌
██▌              ▀█▄      ▐█▌▐▌██▐█       █▌  ▐▌
██▌    █▀▄█ ▄▐█▀▀▄█▌▄▀▀▄   ███▌██▐█▄▀▀▄█▀▄▐▌▄▀█▌
▀███▄▄ █▀▄█▄█▐█▄▄▀▐█▀▄▄▀    ██ ▀██▀▀█▄▀█▀▄▐ █▄▀█
  ▀▀▀    █ ▄█▐▌                          █
          ▀  █                            ▀
WIN A
▀██████████▀
██
██
██
██
▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀

▀██████████▀
███████████▀
██
████████████
          ██
▄███████████
██
██
██
██
███████████▀
▀██████████▀

████████████
██        ██
██        ██
CYBERTRUCK

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄▄████████████▀▀▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄▄▄██████████████▀▀▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄▄███████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████████████▌
███████████████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
 ████████▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀             ▀▀▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀██████▀
$60,000 IN BTC
$50,000 IN ETH
& MORE!
markmillan1215

Activity: 161
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:32:28 PM

I think the first thing you should look for is the whitepaper of the ICO. If it is detailed and gives all the information about the ICO, most probably the ICO is legit. Also do a thoroughly research about the ICO and the community.
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 05:37:08 PM

There are so many criteria in determining a legit or scam ICO in the crypto bounty world of business. Some of them include the following; great team with lots of experience,powerful project concept with utility, large market for product, decentralized governance structure and a clear roadmap for the project.

HOMT