Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:49:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is your trading strategy?
Margin trading - 2 (3.4%)
Bot trading - 2 (3.4%)
Hodl - 20 (33.9%)
Buy high / sell low - 5 (8.5%)
Buy low / sell high - 22 (37.3%)
Arbitrage - 5 (8.5%)
Other - 3 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your trading strategy?  (Read 669 times)
sannyday (OP)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:45:31 PM

Hey guys, I keep thinking what are the most poppular/most efficient trading strategies. Also do you trade on a few specific coins that you just trade on through out the year or not?

I want to ask you to share yours, but of course you don't have to be specific, just say if its e.g. arbitrage, bot/margin trading, buy the dip / hodl, pnd or whatever else. If its somthing other than in the poll just talk about it here or in general feel free to discuss trading strategies.

I personally like to hodl, not sure that can be counted as trading strategy, but wanted to go first.
iqahmed

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:52:32 PM

I Am mostly use Bollinger band also i bought coin when it is oversold and sold my coin when it is overbought simple
sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:53:41 PM

I Am mostly use Bollinger band also i bought coin when it is oversold and sold my coin when it is overbought simple

Ok so you use indicators to trade on the same coin?
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:57:06 PM

Hey guys, I keep thinking what are the most poppular/most efficient trading strategies. Also do you trade on a few specific coins that you just trade on through out the year or not?

I want to ask you to share yours, but of course you don't have to be specific, just say if its e.g. arbitrage, bot/margin trading, buy the dip / hodl, pnd or whatever else. If its somthing other than in the poll just talk about it here or in general feel free to discuss trading strategies.

I personally like to hodl, not sure that can be counted as trading strategy, but wanted to go first.
If its not a day trade, I check if the coin or token is green or red. I don't buy green because there's a small chance that it will continue to climb. I buy those that are in red with the lowest volume. Things to consider is price history, when was the last time the coin reached its peak and lowest. Go back to as far as 1 week of the price history.
sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:00:50 PM

If its not a day trade, I check if the coin or token is green or red. I don't buy green because there's a small chance that it will continue to climb. I buy those that are in red with the lowest volume. Things to consider is price history, when was the last time the coin reached its peak and lowest. Go back to as far as 1 week of the price history.

So you buy when the price has been going down for a long time (how long?) and just wait when the trend turns? when do you sell - after how many percent gain?
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:07:39 PM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 04:53:48 PM by BUK2016

Why do you want other people's trading strategy? Just try and develop your own strategy and stop seeking other people's strategy that work for them as that same strategy may not work for you. All the options you mentioned above should be seeing as a strategy for trading crypto currency.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:11:39 PM

I prefer the common trading strategy of buying low and selling high. It is not that possible every time. We need to study the market and should make the trading strategies accordingly. In specific even when the market keeps on fluctuating which can be used for marginal trading.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
NeverSop

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

HODL

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:15:42 PM

My business strategy is to follow the surfing principle. That is, I bought coin in my wallet at low prices and then chose the opportunity to sell them at high prices. This strategy has helped me make big profits. I will always apply this strategy to make my business more effective.

sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:20:15 PM

Why do you want other people's trading strategy? Just try and develop your own strategy and stop seeking other people's strategy that work for them as that same strategy may not work for you.

What, is it a crime being curious about other people? Besides who says, I don't have my own strategy? I just want to learn more about others and at best get some inspiration, that's all.
sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:23:05 PM

I prefer the common trading strategy of buying low and selling high. It is not that possible every time. We need to study the market and should make the trading strategies accordingly. In specific even when the market keeps on fluctuating which can be used for marginal trading.

Of course, it's a common sense and you ultimately have to do that in order have profit, but strategies differ on how you do it. As in if you do tons of small trades with small profit or do trades within one day or over the course of few days or over a really long period of time, switch between echanges, rely on some tools, use levrage or just rely on yourself etc.
genievic23

Activity: 417
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 04:30:56 PM

As for me, I'm doing scalping or day trading,  I did hodl until april, but then, I missed to profit last january because Im hodling too much, lol, I'm a believer of a coin, so now, I sold some, and just buy them again at  the dip, it is nice to trade now because the market is going up again

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
umbara ardian

Activity: 1344
Merit: 259

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:57:06 PM

I only use trading methods and strategies to buy only when cheap or when green and sell it when the price has started to turn green and experience price increases so it can provide benefits for you.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:59:24 PM

As for me, I'm doing scalping or day trading,  I did hodl until april, but then, I missed to profit last january because Im hodling too much, lol, I'm a believer of a coin, so now, I sold some, and just buy them again at  the dip, it is nice to trade now because the market is going up again

It's exactly my story. I decided to go and risk a little more. I mean hodling is nice, but one must not become to rigid.
sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:01:13 PM

I only use trading methods and strategies to buy only when cheap or when green and sell it when the price has started to turn green and experience price increases so it can provide benefits for you.

And are you talking small frequent trades or big profit after a longer while?
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:03:29 PM

Of course, it's a common sense and you ultimately have to do that in order have profit, but strategies differ on how you do it. As in if you do tons of small trades with small profit or do trades within one day or over the course of few days or over a really long period of time, switch between echanges, rely on some tools, use levrage or just rely on yourself etc.
If you know all this as a strategy why then do you still want other people's trading strategy which make not work for you in the first place or is it that your strategy is not working for you? And is your own strategy if i may ask?
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:14:11 PM

I do not think you need advice, because you are already standing on your feet.
everyone has their own reasons for deciding which trading strategy they choose, because their trading strategy is based on the knowledge they have to make a profit. I do not need a trading strategy, it's just that I target how much money each day.
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:31:47 PM

In this,I will use to choose the third and Fifth one.
At first I had use to buy bitcoin at low value and then just hold my bitcoin.H olding is the one option to save the loss.Many time this had help me lot.If the price of bitcoin start to raise again,I will just hold my bitcoin and went to the dinner with my family.On the next morning,bitcoin will reach the maximum price.
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:49:39 PM

So you buy when the price has been going down for a long time (how long?) and just wait when the trend turns? when do you sell - after how many percent gain?
Well you have made a lot of logical questions that most of people wants to know about, to me it is good to hold for long time and go for long time trading instead of day trading to increase my profit and reduce the risk in trading, it is good to sell when you find market turning green and high the price in market, if you will hold for more than one year I think you will gain almost 70% of your profit, so be ready to trade but try to start with long term trading,
sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:04:26 PM

If you know all this as a strategy why then do you still want other people's trading strategy which make not work for you in the first place or is it that your strategy is not working for you? And is your own strategy if i may ask?

Geez, what is everybody's problem with simply asking what strategy others prefer? Its a forum as in place where people discuss stuff, so thats what I want - discuss. I dont understand why all this scrutiny. Do you never talk with people about topics that interests you? What I do is workinb for me relatively ok, but there is always roo  for improval, maybe I live in a bubble, so I want to see what is other peoples opinion.
sannyday (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:09:15 PM

Just discuss, share and learn from one another, no need to try to figure other people out and tell others what they should or shouldnt do. I never came here to ask on what I should do or if your strategy will work for me or anyone else. I dont see it in the title. Feel free to share your take on trading or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: