Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:09:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Created by the CIA!  (Read 6860 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:20:45 PM

Hi Matthew,
   I have no reason to believe they created it, other than the fact that I am suspicious by nature, especially of things too good to be true. It's not that bitcoin is "too good to be true", it's just that it's so perfect and awesome in so many ways, it just seems to have been created by higher intelligences, and I don't think it would have been done by someone or any group active in the CIA at this time, but rather retired cryptographers, rogue factions or a revolutionary cell. Could be NSA, of course. It's purely speculation based on knowledge of what goes on the world, not much else.

I find it very peculiar that the founder is completely anonymous.
I do not rule it out, and I would lean in the direction of that belief. That is until It can be shown or proven otherwise.

I do not think they did it to crack down on alternative currencies though, or implement new financial controls. I think they would do it to keep their own projects off the books. Like a hyper rogue faction.

I'm willing to swallow most of this based on not having a lot of experience in this particular area of study, but I'd say it's more likely that a CIA made it rather than the CIA. Our central intelligence agency in America has had a head start, but I doubt they're so far ahead in their daily tasks as to have enough time to concoct something this bizarre without a specific outlined purpose and outside funding, which no one can seem to come up with a plausible theory on.

I am glad there are people willing to think deeply into where things come from though, but I just have my own personal doubts about Bitcoin's relativity to the world. I also doubt that I'd appreciate it if I had made a system like Bitcoin and someone was claiming I was CIA. Food for thought.

Believe me, if Satoshi is Not CIA or ex intelligence, he will surely appreciate my thinking he could be. All i'm saying is that whoever created bitcoin was super intelligent. Of a nature that takes training, usually, and funding. There are all sorts of smart people in the world, and the CIA tries to recruit them as fast as possible, so the people who eventually make up the CIA are very smart to begin with, and have to think outside the box, due to their job. I think whoever created bitcoin is a genius, and I think it takes a very smart person thinking very far ahead, to keep their own persona anonymous as they do it.

It reeks of CIA, but definitely not structured, and not something company "approved". If anything, completely rogue.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JackH

Activity: 381
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:25:40 PM

Umm since this is of a highly technical nature, wouldn it be fair to assume that its NOT CIA but rather NSA. They are after all hiring the IT and cryptography people. CIA is kind of "old school" way of doing things. NSA is where the real power lies, and they are the people with money and projects anyway. My bet goes to NSA if anyone. CIA is not smart enough to come up with this stuff, they are just branded better as the uber intelligence service.

NSA's budget is from what I recall 10 x higher than all other agencies in the USA combined.

EDIT: Look what came in the first search of google for NSA + cryptography: http://www.nsa.gov/ia/programs/suiteb_cryptography/

<helo> funny that this proposal grows the maximum block size to 8GB, and is seen as a compromise
<helo> oh, you don't like a 20x increase? well how about 8192x increase?
<JackH> lmao
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:28:50 PM

Umm since this is of a highly technical nature, wouldn it be fair to assume that its NOT CIA but rather NSA. They are after all hiring the IT and cryptography people. CIA is kind of "old school" way of doing things. NSA is where the real power lies, and they are the people with money and projects anyway. My bet goes to NSA if anyone. CIA is not smart enough to come up with this stuff, they are just branded better as the uber intelligence service.

NSA's budget is from what I recall 10 x higher than all other agencies in the USA combined.

EDIT: Look what came in the first search of google for NSA + cryptography: http://www.nsa.gov/ia/programs/suiteb_cryptography/

Being involved in research for so long, I intermix terms sometimes. I definitely mean to say NSA, but CIA is so much more widely recognized by people.

Hat Tip to You, JackH

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:35:09 PM

The true essence of what i'm saying can be distilled as such...

Bitcoin was likely created by rogue offshoots of the intelligence community, for their own purposes, and our use of it is mostly or only circumstantial, or as a cover for their own ventures.

Also, I doubt they are using it now for the purposes it was created for. It won't be until it's widely used that their uses for it will come into play. When there are 15-20 million bitcoins out there and massive flows of transactions, their activities can be very well covered.

But of course, it's purely fantasy speculation.  Wink

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:35:22 PM

I don't think the CIA would give the world population the opportunity to completely screw the whole thing up if that were the case.

To me, the most obvious incentive for the creation of Bitcoin was the potential for massive and immediate profit for its creator.

Whether or not there was something more virtuous or some alternative motive independent of that profit is unknown to me.  But I do know that if I had the programming skills to make my own currency, and create it in such a way that I would be the #1 beneficiary, you better believe I'd do it.
Sannyasi

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 10:43:41 PM

bitcoins were invented by aliens silly..... not the CIA

1DxP5iL6hN5Gd3cwmDz9uFSntW8ALBQaGK

http://gamerkeys.net/common/home.htm <- the best place to get games!

my portfoio: http://windowsofamind.com
bitplane

Activity: 321

Firstbits: 1gyzhw

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2011, 10:46:03 PM

Bitcoin was most likely dreamt up by a crypto-anarchist, Satoshi is most likely one or more Cypherpunks who wish(es) to remain anonymous and is/are good at being anonymous.

Whenever you think conspiracy, remember Occam's Razor.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:54:08 PM

Bitcoin was most likely dreamt up by a crypto-anarchist, Satoshi is most likely one or more Cypherpunks who wish(es) to remain anonymous and is/are good at being anonymous.

Whenever you think conspiracy, remember Occam's Razor.

Well, that's the established story. Established stories are not always true. I rebel against most established stories just by nature, and to take a look at the other side of the coin, or in this case, bitcoin.

I'm not saying I do not believe that either, but I don't accept the established story very easily, in any situation. Very likely, too, it could just be a very smart japanese guy who hides in a  bunker below some internet cafe, steals wifi access and controls the world.  Smiley

JackH

Activity: 381
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 10:57:03 PM

The true essence of what i'm saying can be distilled as such...

Bitcoin was likely created by rogue offshoots of the intelligence community, for their own purposes, and our use of it is mostly or only circumstantial, or as a cover for their own ventures.

Also, I doubt they are using it now for the purposes it was created for. It won't be until it's widely used that their uses for it will come into play. When there are 15-20 million bitcoins out there and massive flows of transactions, their activities can be very well covered.

But of course, it's purely fantasy speculation.  Wink

Hmm well since they/he/she/them own 500.000 Bitcoins its fair to assume that this figure can represent an enormous wealth IF bitcoin becomes something grand.

Due to the markets instability lately China has raised the question of not using dollar as backup currency for the world. But USA will never go with the YAN. Euro is equally unstable, Swiss Franc and YEN has to little float and nothing else even comes close to these currencies...beside....Bitcoin.

It pleases all the parties as there is no "controlling" party. Beside those 500.000 the NSA is sitting on. Once they agree to use Bitcoin as backup the massive buyup begins, Bitcoin soars to 100.000$ per Bitcoin and guess who still holds the money.

Then as you said, it's purely fantasy speculation Wink

<helo> funny that this proposal grows the maximum block size to 8GB, and is seen as a compromise
<helo> oh, you don't like a 20x increase? well how about 8192x increase?
<JackH> lmao
Dobrodav

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 11:10:23 PM

There is nothing strange in that theory. US gov agency experimenting with new fiat currency, looking for possible opportunities of switching from one thin air currency to another ? Why not, that is perfectly fits in the picture.

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 11:13:29 PM

There is nothing strange in that theory. US gov agency experimenting with new fiat currency, looking for possible opportunities of switching from one thin air currency to another ? Why not, that is perfectly fits in the picture.

Doubt it.  Terrorist organizations can hack too.  Why give the opportunity for them to also profit massively?  A $100,000,000 economy won't do shit for the CIA or a terrorist group, but a $1,000,000,000,000 economy will if this thing explodes,  giving more power to both the CIA and terrorist groups.
LeFBI

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2011, 11:56:47 PM

Nobody has publicly stated they personally know who Satoshi is or anything about him/her.

Therefore, Satoshi must be the CIA.

No, Satoshi is one of our guys...
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 05:11:48 AM

Doubt it.  Terrorist organizations can hack too.  Why give the opportunity for them to also profit massively?  A $100,000,000 economy won't do shit for the CIA or a terrorist group, but a $1,000,000,000,000 economy will if this thing explodes,  giving more power to both the CIA and terrorist groups.
How much hashing power do you think terrorist have compared to the United States government?
NF6X

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2011, 05:26:00 AM

Bitrebel is just a government plant whose job is to spread crazy conspiracy theories about the CIA creating Bitcoin to draw attention away from the real creators of Bitcoin.  Roll Eyes

The real truth: Bitcoin was created by FEMA to help fund the chemtrails program.  Shocked

Obviously, I'm posting this anonymously. Since the forum has that silly 5-post minimum and time limit to get out of the noob cage, I hacked this idiot NF6X's account to post here. His computer security is really lax.  Wink
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:21:35 AM

How much hashing power do you think terrorist have compared to the United States government?

I don't know, but I do know that both can pump out more than 15 T/Hash
terryfkwit

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:42:34 AM

Where are you guys coming from... much more likely KGB or the Chinese equivalent.. think about it..
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 08:52:31 AM

Or...a guy...that wanted....to be.....rich....FAST
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:07:03 AM

"Since we do not know who exactly, Satoshi is, it's very possible that the CIA invented bitcoin."

Just wow.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:35:43 AM

"Since we do not know who exactly, Satoshi is, it's very possible that the CIA invented bitcoin."

Just wow.

I think that was facetious.  Smiley

He was mocking me, so I don't think you should take that quote seriously.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2011, 09:39:07 AM

Where are you guys coming from... much more likely KGB or the Chinese equivalent.. think about it..

American Intelligence is FAR superior to Chinese or Russian.
I'm not being biased, here. The Chinese are always one step behind the Russians, and the Russians are always one step behind the US.

I'm talking stealth tech, and public tech.

Who is really the best and brightest and most dangerous are the Israelis and Mossad. But we inadvertently work for them, through Great Britain, so we are the forefront of the tech war.

Based in Silicon Valley, obviously.

Edit....If people had any idea how much secret technology and black ops the US has and how much secret knowledge is controlled by US and used to create advanced warfare weapons, the world would quickly realize, that Great Britain, through it's Military arm, the US, and it's intelligence arm, the Mossad, is the greatest, practically indestructible machine on Earth.

We don't lay all our cards on the table. That's all.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: