Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:47:29 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need your opinion  (Read 600 times)
Ayperos (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:25:47 PM

Hi,

I'm always looking for faucet to make a little BTC because I don't have enough to buy a miner and I found some sites to "make" bitcoins.

The first one is anonibet.com, a bet site. It look a very simple site and don't make me trust a lot. Sad

The second one is phegethon.wix.com/bitybity , as a lottery if I understand good. The site look more serious and when we read it look as the staff managing this don't care to make money or not. I feel more confortable and secured because many security advices but before to try to play 1 mBTC I need the opinion of experienced people from this forum.
So: what do you think about ? Huh
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:34:13 PM

Hi,

I'm always looking for faucet to make a little BTC because I don't have enough to buy a miner and I found some sites to "make" bitcoins.

The first one is anonibet.com, a bet site. It look a very simple site and don't make me trust a lot. Sad

The second one is phegethon.wix.com/bitybity , as a lottery if I understand good. The site look more serious and when we read it look as the staff managing this don't care to make money or not. I feel more confortable and secured because many security advices but before to try to play 1 mBTC I need the opinion of experienced people from this forum.

faucets are suppose to, well originally meant for noobs to get their hands on their first bitcents, so that they can atleast make a transaction and learn how to use the clients/exchanges. its not meant as a career earning path to raid faucets dry. no one minds you taking the odd payout now and again, just dont abuse it.

imagine it like your a fat guy treating a foodbank for the poor as your daily all-you-can-eat buffet.

dont abuse someone elses donations, at the costs of newcomers in more need then yourself.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:43:18 PM

Gambling does not work on the average - nobody has free money to give away (of course, some sites get ad revenue and redistribute part of that to visitors, that's a bit different).
Betting might work a little better - I found that by betting on pretty certain outcomes (i.e. "bitcoin price will be over $50 on December 15") you can still make small gains in the long run - it's better than the interest paid by my bank, but not extraordinary, so I just do it for fun. Betting small amounts on real-world events is a relatively slow process, and I don't think it triggers the "gambling addiction" area of your brain...

If you're not afraid of dealing with Ripple you might check out Computing for Good. Ripple Labs is sponsoring a grid computing effort (World Community Grid) by handing out XRP for WCG points if you join their team - After just a few weeks they are already the biggest WCG team...
Since I was already interested in Ripple and had participated in another grid computing project a while ago I gave it a try, and my measly i3 CPU has already gotten me quite a few mBTC.

Onkel Paul

Ayperos (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:48:35 PM

Yes Franky you're right  Smiley It is why I want to find now other ways to make Bitcoins (but I keep looking for LTC and FTC that I don't have even one cent.).

This "Bity Bity" look good, if I calculated right for 1mBTC it is 1 chance on 1000 to win 800 mBTC.
But before to try I want to have experienced opinions. For you Paul having experience in betting and risk what do you think about ? Good, too risky, 50/50,.. ?
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:17:10 PM

You can calculate for yourself - if a 1 mBTC bet has a 1-in-1000 chance of winning 800 mBTC you'll lose in the long run.
Without going into the details, on average each 1 mBTC gives you a 0.8 mBTC return. The actual chances of winning when you place a given number of bets are calculated a bit differently (you'd need to place almost 700 bets to have a 50/50 chance of winning: 0.999^693 is approximately 0.4999).

As I said, I think it's much more promising to bet on real world events (real betting) than on random numbers (gambling).
Even better is to bet on events that you can influence, but that borders on crime :-)

Onkel Paul

empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:24:45 AM

Hi,

Oh dear .....

Gambling sites are not places to "make" bitcoins. They are places to take your bitcoins off you. Don't feel comfortable with any of them. They are all there with the single purpose of relieving your of your bitcoins. Can't make it any clearer than that I'm afraid.

A faucet is a completely different thing as explained by franky1
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:52:31 PM

You might try coming up with good bet ideas for BitBet.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: