Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:39:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Elitehash Raven PPS Pools - stable rewards, payouts every hour!  (Read 831 times)
juhakall (OP)

Activity: 657
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:51:13 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2019, 08:37:12 PM by juhakall

Welcome Elitehash pools, http://rvn.elitehash.net

There's practically no variance on payouts as it's PPS, and the payouts start rolling almost instantly. Balances above 5 RVN are paid multiple times per hour (ask for custom thresholds!), idle balances are paid out quickly too. The pool payout rate varies but I try not to make radical changes. Obviously nothing like going to 50% payout rate suddenly. It's displayed like that because it's been over 100% - though that's unlikely to return in the foreseeable future.

If the pool loses hashrate noticeably, payout rate is probably increased, because less variance has to be absorbed.
If the pool gains hashrate rapidly, payout rate will probably decrease, unless it seems possible & reasonable to endure the increase in variance.
If the pool hashrate doesn't move enough to warrant changes, payout rate may still be adjusted in small ticks.

These principles should help understand how the rate behaves. I have a natural incentive to abstain from making shocking changes, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect. There have been 2 or 3 situations that I would've liked to have prepared better for, when I felt like I was making changes too suddenly but was forced to anyway. That number would be double if I hadn't opted to give the pool some 'loans' to bail out from bad luck. I'm glad those have been repaid already, now the focus is on better stability so it doesn't have to happen again.

Perhaps we can return to focusing on high payout rates at some point. I thought that - having started almost a year ago - it would be obvious that I have an incentive to keep things running, and hence fix any delays in payments. These happened semi-frequently when I still tried to keep the payout rate as high as possible. Experience shows that people didn't think like that; the level of panic was higher than anticipated. Today it's the opposite, I really expected more sullen comparisons agains past rates. Of course it's only fair to compare against real results from current pools, but not everyone cares Smiley

It's odd how silent all miners are now. Surely there are more features people want, assuming there are no problems (there always are...)? Naturally I'd like requests for features that don't even exist anywhere else yet. Don't let that turn you down!

I'm currently developing an experimental social AI platform

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
duhjeff

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:12:33 AM

Welcome to the latest addition on CryptoHashTank / Elitehash pools, http://rvn.elitehash.net

There's practically no variance on payouts as it's PPS, and the payouts start rolling almost instantly. Balances above 5 RVN are paid every 7 minutes (420 seconds), idle balances are paid out daily too. This is running the same code as the Bitcore PPS Pools I've been running for months with a group of happy miners. It just seems than Raven is way more profitable these days, and who wouldn't want to make the most out of their rigs?

I just moved 260mh hashing power over.  Let's give it a try and see if it is good Smiley

Although I'm still at the last of the bunch showing I'm doing 10 mh....need to update on that refresh time yo' Smiley

juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 09:46:03 AM

Welcome to the latest addition on CryptoHashTank / Elitehash pools, http://rvn.elitehash.net

There's practically no variance on payouts as it's PPS, and the payouts start rolling almost instantly. Balances above 5 RVN are paid every 7 minutes (420 seconds), idle balances are paid out daily too. This is running the same code as the Bitcore PPS Pools I've been running for months with a group of happy miners. It just seems than Raven is way more profitable these days, and who wouldn't want to make the most out of their rigs?

I just moved 260mh hashing power over.  Let's give it a try and see if it is good Smiley

Although I'm still at the last of the bunch showing I'm doing 10 mh....need to update on that refresh time yo' Smiley

Hey there! The top miners list is showing 3 hour averages. Maybe it would make more sense with a tighter timeframe. I wanted semi-stable numbers there, but I admit it also adds unnecessary confusion. Everyone can already see their 1h/3h/6h/12h/24h stats, but perhaps some miners never get there after being scared off by the initially low numbers Smiley

juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

Just added an EU pool, and the pools are now named http://rvn-eu1.elitehash.net and http://rvn-us1.elitehash.net - of course the old http://rvn.elitehash.net works too. I'll probably make it a round-robin hostname for both servers.

juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 05:14:15 AM

The payout rate is now 102.4%! (Has been for some time actually)

juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:32:45 AM

US1 server was down for 1 week, but now it's been replaced with a much faster server. Mining RVN doesn't look too enticing now, but just wait until the difficulty drops again! Smiley Payout rate is still 102.4%

artful

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 04:25:29 AM

why on eu server there is no information about payments

example: http://rvn.elitehash.net/RVsyqS2fuYzT5HdwsnCY5yEAh9XPo5qr93
no record: Payouts from

example: http://rvn.elitehash.net/RHEe8HpvAeqEMFrHq4USPLLwuU6U3fX47f
no record: Payouts from on eu server, only us
juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 01:01:55 PM

If you've never mined on a server it shows no stats from it. Unless you mean that you have mined on both and it's still not showing?

artful

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 08:33:24 PM

If you've never mined on a server it shows no stats from it. Unless you mean that you have mined on both and it's still not showing?

I received about 30 payments - but there is no summary statistics on the EU server http://rvn.elitehash.net/RVsyqS2fuYzT5HdwsnCY5yEAh9XPo5qr93
only record - Balance
wallet RVsyqS2fuYzT5HdwsnCY5yEAh9XPo5qr93 mined only EU server
juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 08:56:58 AM

Fixed now. PHP code was missing curly braces at a for loop. I should really get rid of all PHP files in the pool and make it all python Smiley

artful

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 07:36:42 AM

THX, all working
juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 04:14:28 PM

Payouts are now hourly until the stats calculation gets a whole new dedicated server. Also the rate is now only 100.3%, the pool was getting a bit too much growth at the higher rate.

fkjnfndjn

Activity: 21
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:15:34 PM

I prefer hourly payouts. Every 420 seconds was a bit too "spammy".
billd104

Activity: 43

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 12:30:32 PM

Why has the payout rate dropped to 98.5%?
juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2018, 01:38:46 AM

Why has the payout rate dropped to 98.5%?

It's my only way to control the size of the pool. It's true that having the rate change almost daily is different compared to other pools. At first I was a bit wary of adjusting it too often, made sure to give proper notice etc. Loosening up my own rules there has worked well in practice, though. I have realized that doing the changes without notice mostly helps drive the change I want, compared to giving notice. This might annoy some, but those who have stayed long enough realize it works both ways. I don't go drumming around the changes upwards, either. Can keep them up longer that way.

billd104

Activity: 43

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:59:08 PM

Works for me  Grin
juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 08:22:31 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2018, 04:01:18 AM by juhakall

I changed the servers to do payouts at a fixed minute every hour, to avoid a rare double-spend problem that happened today. It wasn't the first time. In total 10k RVN of the 4M+ paid out weren't actually paid out as the servers attempted to use the same inputs and one of the transactions obviously never gets confirmed. After an user mentioned a payout not making it through today, I checked the history (it's easy as the listtransactions RPC command shows them having a negative amount of confirmations) and found 10k RVN worth of failed payouts.

As the payouts now happen in turns, this can't happen anymore. I'll compile the failed transactions to a single big one and send it soon. People have occasionally requested a txid list for payments, but the simplest implementation would probably have just listed the failed txids there with no-one being any wiser. Looks like the list should also check that they have been confirmed, making it a bit more complicated.

EDIT: failed transactions have now been resent

juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2018, 12:11:39 AM

Unfortunately I realized that applying txids to past payouts is harder than it first seemed. Because the pools are spread over many servers, sharing the same wallet, I can't just search for all the transactions in the wallet matching an address found on a server - most likely the same address has mined on another server too, and I don't know which transaction is from which server.

The best approach I think would be go through the balances database and match the payouts with transactions where the amount, address & dates match. I'll consider doing that when I get the system ready for storing txids for future payouts.

But some payout histories are unfortunately too hard to restore. On other servers all the balance changes are intact, but I messed them up when moving the Helsinki server a couple of months ago. It still has all the shares since the beginning, but the balance database doesn't contain entries before the server move. They were lost because of my carelessnes Sad - for anyone affected by this, and who would like their complete transaction history, I can compile it manually for their address, send me a PM.

ivyfs

Activity: 2

View Profile
November 01, 2018, 11:42:11 PM

Love the pool. Good work. Just making sure our mining is voting for the asset layer hard fork. I don't see anything about this on the website. Thanks!
juhakall (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2018, 01:23:00 AM

Love the pool. Good work. Just making sure our mining is voting for the asset layer hard fork. I don't see anything about this on the website. Thanks!

Updated all the servers earlier today

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: