Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:11:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OMFG!!!!! Cryptsy Down AGAIN!!!!!!!! 502 BAD GATEWAY  (Read 2842 times)
CheekyChappy (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:37:40 PM

I just tried to check my balance and good old Cryptsy is down AGAIN!!

This is just not on.....   it is slow all day long and has periods of Bad Gateway inbetween!!

What are the best alternatives out there that offer the sort of crypto (92) that Cryptsy has? We need to go elsewhere soon Sad

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
CheekyChappy (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:45:27 PM

It back, but for how long?

Cryptsy has gone downhill since I started using it less than a week ago. It is has become seriously lagging and unpredictable Sad

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:02:34 PM

This is just not on.....   it is slow all day long and has periods of Bad Gateway inbetween!!

What are the best alternatives out there that offer the sort of crypto (92) that Cryptsy has? We need to go elsewhere soon Sad

I'm shocked.

And nowhere. Okay:

Coins-E  (no volume & bad rep for stealing coins)
Vircurex (no volume)
crypto-trade (no volume and few coins)
mdotstrange

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 09:06:10 PM

Its back up already- Its probably just really busy today with people buying up Quarks
CheekyChappy (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:20:54 PM

I'm shocked.

And nowhere. Okay:

Coins-E  (no volume & bad rep for stealing coins)
Vircurex (no volume)
crypto-trade (no volume and few coins)

I guess we are stuck for choice rather than spoilt for choice Sad

-X-RaTeD-

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:36:35 AM

Still down here...
Mistafreeze

Activity: 897
Merit: 284

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:38:13 AM

It's down more than it's up.
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:43:58 AM

Bad gateway happens to all exchanges. I believe it's due to DDOS attacks from botnets which is hard to prevent unless you have multiple servers in multiple datacenters.
Also Cryptsy has way more altcoins than any other exchange which makes them more succeptible to crappy coded altcoins.
I use Cryptsy for more than a year and yes they have quite some slowdown issues but it's getting better every day in my opinion.

If you don't like an exchange go to another one.

With the growth of cryptocurrencies all will have problems because most started off as a dude with a single server.
Now they are forced to become companies with a good scalable IT infrastructure. This takes time so cut them some slack.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
qwerewq

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:45:09 AM

It's down more than it's up.
That seems to be the case as of late. It's really unfortunate because of its diversity/volume.
Hilux74
Legendary

Activity: 912
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:48:15 AM

Bad gateway happens to all exchanges. I believe it's due to DDOS attacks from botnets which is hard to prevent unless you have multiple servers in multiple datacenters.
Also Cryptsy has way more altcoins than any other exchange which makes them more succeptible to crappy coded altcoins.
I use Cryptsy for more than a year and yes they have quite some slowdown issues but it's getting better every day in my opinion.

With the growth of cryptocurrencies all will have problems because most started off as a dude with a single server.
Now they are forced to become companies with a good scalable IT infrastructure. This takes time so cut them some slack.

You haven't used Cryptsy for more than a year...considering it came into existence this summer.  DERp!
matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:49:08 AM

Don't panic guys... it'll probably be okay in a few hours at most.

EDIT: it works again, after a few... seconds! Magic Cheesy
nrhs05

Activity: 268

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:49:29 AM

I do agree, i seen a picture of cryptsys setup just before their latest 5 server addition, and they had close to 10 poweredge servers... so i am guessing they have 15 or so now.  The site is MUCH more stable than it was a few weeks ago and they have brought on more staff. With 15~ servers i am guessing the rest of the issues are coding issues or maybe load balancing issues?

btc: bc1q3ll9xul5mpyq5vqgzdwj079xl2gxafhrgr3kq0
jt7382

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:54:05 AM

I wish someone would create an exchange that had as many coins available as Cryptsy but actually kept their customers informed with WTF is going on with their exchange.
jnada

Activity: 310

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:00:15 AM

This is just not on..... 
and not last

Pavlov teaching need some time.
Wink

NEM                                        NEM                                          NEM                            launch on 22nd November 2014 !                                          TAQDPC-BT35MC-YAWTKQ-OFEZOS-CMBKHM-F5Q3L6-YEYL
CheekyChappy (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:21:37 AM

I wish someone would create an exchange that had as many coins available as Cryptsy but actually kept their customers informed with WTF is going on with their exchange.

Agreed. Their customer services is totally lousy. They are making hundreds of thousands of dollars$ a month out of us by the fees they charge and they have not managed their customer services to match the money they are making from us.

airtreb

Activity: 217

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:31:52 AM

some costumer are so damn demanding, can you imagine without this exchange (cryptsy)? so if you don't like there service just leave they don't need costumer like you either...this exchange trying so hard to give there costumer a satisfying service so be patient if something went wrong they will figure it out as soon as they can.
CheekyChappy (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:35:33 AM

I do agree, i seen a picture of cryptsys setup just before their latest 5 server addition, and they had close to 10 poweredge servers... so i am guessing they have 15 or so now.  The site is MUCH more stable than it was a few weeks ago and they have brought on more staff. With 15~ servers i am guessing the rest of the issues are coding issues or maybe load balancing issues?

Their IP points to AWS so why have they got Dell servers and where are they set-up? Everything from Cryptsy points to Amazon Web Services.

Let us just say that they added 5 more Dell servers on top 10 other Dell servers, that does not mean they deserve credit from us. After all, according the their owner they had an increase of 25000 new members over the past few weeks so why would they add just 5 Dell servers instead of getting a whole 42u rack and fill it up with the best of Dells?

Something is not right with their set up. Blaming DDOS attacks for everything that goes wrong with Cryptsy is just an excuse. We are more than happy to give credit where credit is due (list of 90+ crypto, easy layout, cheaper prices than Bter etc) but we should also give criticism when it is due (pathetic customer services, several days before urgent tickets being resolved, lagging pages, 502 Bad Gateways, problems depositing/withdrawing).

I like Cryptsy for its ease of usability but they must improve on all aspects of their business or their reputation will ruin them and customers will go elsewhere when the next 90+ crypto exchange service pops up

Sharky444

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:07:36 AM

I'm shocked! not

They promise to fix everything "soon", yet it gets worse by the week.

Radix - just imagine
CheekyChappy (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:53:24 AM

I'm shocked! not

They promise to fix everything "soon", yet it gets worse by the week.

I heard from other users that Cryptsy was an excellent exchange until a couple of weeks or so ago. It is a pity, I hope they get to their best soon.

muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:06:34 AM

Cryptsy is making in excess of $150k a week. Yes more servers and staff can be added but it doesn't make the owner rich. Neither does hiring incompetent support staff who know very little about bitcoin and altcoins.

But really what do you expect from a site that rewards hobos?? Not a lot
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: