Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:23:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Multibit] Transactions not showing on blockchain or reaching their destination  (Read 2376 times)
Cypherpunk38 (OP)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:25:52 PM

Hello Everyone,

Last Friday, I performed three transactions that sent money from my Multibit wallet to two different bitcoin addresses (one was Cryptsy). For some reason, none of those transactions have reached their destinations or are showing in the blockchain!  My wallet is reflecting the transfer (the bitcoin has been deducted) but they are just 'out there' somewhere in the ether. I've resynced five or six times with no joy. Also, the transactions, which were showing in my transaction tab, have now disappeared. I'm using the most recent version of MB.

Anyone else experience this? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks!
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:17:00 PM

Multibit has its own forum and you are supposed to post in that. It says so in the sticky in this forum. Anyway I've seen a lot of people complaining about this recently and the recommendation has always been to do this:

https://multibit.org/help_resetBlockchain.html
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:28:24 AM

I think multibit is bugged at the moment, lots of people complaining about transactions not reaching their destinations. Try electrum instead.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 04:41:14 PM

Hello Everyone,

Last Friday, I performed three transactions that sent money from my Multibit wallet to two different bitcoin addresses (one was Cryptsy). For some reason, none of those transactions have reached their destinations or are showing in the blockchain!  My wallet is reflecting the transfer (the bitcoin has been deducted) but they are just 'out there' somewhere in the ether. I've resynced five or six times with no joy. Also, the transactions, which were showing in my transaction tab, have now disappeared. I'm using the most recent version of MB.

Thanks!

When you do a reset blockchain and transactions (from before the date of your earliest transaction) your wallet will reflect what is on the blockchain.

You can check this on blockchain.info.

If you had previously made a transaction that was not successful (i.e. it did not make it out into the bitcoin network) then no you won't see it any more (as it is not on the blockchain).

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
japerry

Activity: 306
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 11:04:27 PM

Hello Everyone,

Thanks!

When you do a reset blockchain and transactions (from before the date of your earliest transaction) your wallet will reflect what is on the blockchain.

You can check this on blockchain.info.

If you had previously made a transaction that was not successful (i.e. it did not make it out into the bitcoin network) then no you won't see it any more (as it is not on the blockchain).

Agreed. But the OP stated that after doing a blockchain reset several times the transaction(s) do not show up but the BTC has been deducted from the wallet total. Has he basically "lost" the BTC he tried to send or can it be recovered and updated in the wallet to reflect the "pre-transaction" total?

tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:53:57 PM

I have had this happen several times too.  It always gets to the blockchain eventually but sometime can take several minutes or longer.  I've also been having a problem with received transactions showing on the blockchain with even two confirmations but not showing up in multibit.  And I reset the blockchain and transactions and still doesn't work.  Hopefully the new version will fix this because I'm losing faith in multibit lately.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 12:12:58 PM

The latest version (v0.5.16) - available on https://multibit.org - has various fixes to do with improving the reliability of sending and receiving transactions.

Try that version and, if you are still having problems - post here so that we can see what else needs doing.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: