Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disappering coins, help!  (Read 503 times)
wuffi (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:57:46 PM

Can someone explain me (a noob) wtf just happened?
This morning I got 0.31 BTC to my MultiBit wallet. I had payed for about 200 EUR for the 0.31 BTC. Then later in the afternoon I transferred 0.15 BTC to an exchange address. I have done about a dozen transfers before and never had any problems. Anyway after 7 hours my wallet still said that the transfer only had 1 confirm. I then tried to transfer the remaining 0.15 BTC to another exchange but I couldn't??? I waited some more.
Finally I thought there was something wrong and it was taking too long to confirm so I checked the details of the transaction and tried to check the info from blockchain and blockexplorer. But! Both sites said such transaction didn't even exist!!
Also blockchain showed my wallet address final balance was 0.31 BTC... like the transaction never took place. Then I looked help from MultiBit instructions which suggested that if there's no info on blockchain about the transaction I should simply reset my wallet's blockchain... which I did, only to find out my wallet balance is now zero(0!!!)... What on earth happened? I just lost 200 euros. Blockchain still insists my balance should be 0.31 BTC. Block explorer only gives error when searching my address. Also according to my wallet's transaction history my balance should be 0.31?
I'm sad now. What did I do wrong?  Sad
poewerden

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:01:37 PM

This morning I got 0.31 BTC to my MultiBit wallet. I had payed for about 200 EUR for the 0.31 BTC. Then later in the afternoon I transferred 0.15 BTC to an exchange address. I have done about a dozen transfers before and never had any problems. Anyway after 7 hours my wallet still said that the transfer only had 1 confirm. I then tried to transfer the remaining 0.15 BTC to another exchange but I couldn't??? I waited some more.
Finally I thought there was something wrong and it was taking too long to confirm so I checked the details of the transaction and tried to check the info from blockchain and blockexplorer. But! Both sites said such transaction didn't even exist!!
 Also blockchain showed my wallet address final balance was 0.31 BTC... like the transaction never took place. Then I looked help from MultiBit instructions which suggested that if there's no info on blockchain about the transaction I should simply reset my wallet's blockchain... which I did, only to find out my wallet balance is now zero(0!!!)... What on earth happened? I just lost 200 euros. Blockchain still insists my balance should be 0.31 BTC. Block explorer only gives error when searching my address. Also according to my wallet's transaction history my balance should be 0.31?

Did you pay transaction fees ? Whatever happened keep backup of your wallet
wuffi (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:08:14 PM

Did you pay transaction fees ? Whatever happened keep backup of your wallet

Yes, I did pay the transaction fee.
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:10:43 PM

Can you post the address?

Also I have had issues with Multibit in the past similar to this and I found that if reset the block chain it can help.

to do that go to Tools > Reset Blockchain and Transactions

then set to the day prior to the transaction.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:18:38 PM

I just lost 200 euros. Blockchain still insists my balance should be 0.31 BTC.

It looks just as Multibit glitch, you should have the ballance back with reset
wuffi (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:04:00 PM

I just lost 200 euros. Blockchain still insists my balance should be 0.31 BTC.

It looks just as Multibit glitch, you should have the ballance back with reset

What do you mean by reset? I already did reset my wallet's blockchain and transactions.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:06:27 PM

I already did reset my wallet's blockchain and transactions.

Try export the private key and import to blokchain.info wallet

yo
wuffi (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:51:53 PM

I already did reset my wallet's blockchain and transactions.

Try export the private key and import to blokchain.info wallet

I tried this but when I try to import it I get this: Error Decrypting Wallet. Please check your password is correct.
It asks for "main" password, what is that? I tried the Blockchain password. Help, please?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: