Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining Question  (Read 107 times)
CreateCrypto (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:07:15 PM

Does anyone know of a site I can go to in order to see what coins I can mine using a laptop?

Thank you.
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:02:47 AM

You can find it easily with Google, just type "CPU mineable coin list.". Let me demonstrate it to you, and I'll pick a random result from Google search. Here's one of the results: http://cpucoinlist.com/   Cheesy

Mostly mining using a laptop categorized as CPU mining, yeah I know a few high-end laptops have integrated with high-end GPU, but most of em' has a standard integrated graphics card.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 5601

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:31:47 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 10:38:56 AM by nc50lc

Why not ask here?
Members will probably tell you "not to mine using a laptop". I tell you that, as well.

Surely it can mine CPUmining-optimized algorithm (old CryptoNight is not the best choise for now) but laptops aren't designed to run 24/7 @ 80-100% usage,
that will probably strain the compactly assembled peripherals inside by the temperature.
Laptops with integrated high-end GPUs are not cheaper than Rigs with GPUs, in fact some are worth 10 times the price of the GPU itself.
Using those for mining is a no-go.

If the laptop is at disposal, go on. Earn few decimals of XMR(s) before throwing it in the trash.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jillscarbrough

Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:33:55 AM

nice explanations @Geraldo

do not forget mate, Almost all miners do not give a recommendation to mine with CPU especially laptop.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:40:39 AM

Does anyone know of a site I can go to in order to see what coins I can mine using a laptop?

Thank you.

There are 3 ways to mine on a laptop

1) Don't.

CPU mining is not profitable and especially on an under powered laptop.

2) Find a time machine

If you find a time machine go back to January 2009 and mine with your laptop Bitcoin alongside Satoshi himself. This is the only way where you can make any real money by mining with a laptop CPU.

3) Mine XMR

If you still insist. Then mine XMR , you will make a few pennies a day but please remove your battery first not to start a fire or explosion.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Geraldo

Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:57:28 AM

People aren't stopped to mine using laptops nor even mobile phones, that was the fact. A lot of members has warned about this in a lot of thread. We don't know hows effective that warning (but yeah, maybe it's good to warn 'em).

But I believe while 'em experienced itself it will be more effective. I didn't say, they must wait till their laptops burned, or some other terrible thing happened.

Exploring will be giving you the real experience, "asking as a part of.  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: