Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cryptsy order book wierdness?  (Read 624 times)
bosco2010 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:33:13 PM

Has anyone else experienced this?

I've seen this several times now.  I'm about to place a sell order and I get an error saying that I'm way below the lowest asking price.  Or the opposite happens, and I'm about submit a buy order but I'm told its way above the lowest asking price.

Yet, these erroneous orders don't make any sense.  In some cases they're 10-20% above/below the best price!  Another thing that's curious is the order size is usually quite small. 

I guess it could be lag at cryptsy or just a random event.  Or perhaps this is trader tactic to move the needle in their favor?  Maybe its a confused or lagged bot?
Essex343

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:44:22 PM

the cryptsy trade engine is pathetically horrible, the books are quite inaccurate

ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:47:32 PM

Recently many users are giving out bad reviews about Cryptsy, maybe you should change to other exchange which has a good feedback.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:49:04 PM

TBH I have never had a problem with Cryptsy but I'm not making fast trades.  The nice thing is that the owners are always around and seem to keep you in the loop as to what's going on, i.e. they are esponsive.  Unlike other sites where you don't know what's up.  The engine is just slow but I've never gotten cheated or anything.

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
hollowframe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:03:12 PM

when you want to dump it is very frustrating -- sometimes your coins disappear for hours and order never went through
e521

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:09:01 PM

I have done a few trading during the last couple of weeks in Criptsy
They had a major general issue last week where deposits got forever to arrive and the trade engine was extremely laggy
This week is going a bit better but it still depend a lot on trade pairs
Open a ticket to support or visit the IRC channel, somebody is always around and bigvern will be able to resolve it
if you dont need to sell/buy alt coins maybe for the time being is better to use another exchange, like btc-e

hollowframe

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:36:56 PM

deposits still take soooo long too
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:20:19 AM

This is like the second or third posts I've read on a cryptsy issue.  Hope this is something they are working on and I also hope you have better luck with the site and other with issues. 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: