Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 08:43:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Temperature Gauge Discrepancy - SMC FanControl vs. IStatPro  (Read 2999 times)
Idig4DOGE (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:05:35 PM

Howdy folks!

So I use SMC Fan Control to keep my comp running cool (since Mac's fans wont truly kick in until your temps are WAY too high; silly mac!) and IStat Pro to monitor my temps.

I've noticed though that the temp that SMC gives when mining is always wayyy (ie. 15C-20C) higher than any of the temps IStat gives. There's no indication of what exactly the SMC temp is monitoring. Any ideas?
The only temp that IStat doesn't give is CPU Diode, which would make since for SMC to be monitoring. That being said, I'm only GPU mining, so why in the DOGE would my CPU Diode temp be nearly 20C higher than my GPU Diode temp when I'm only GPU mining and not using my comp for anything else?!?
I've been mainly ignoring the disparity and going with my IStat temps, but I must say that when the SMC temp is up at 95C  Shocked, I tend to get too worried and either throttle or completely quit my mining.

--
here's my comp deatz and my miner setups:

MacBook Pro Retina 2013 15", OS X 10.9, 2.7GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, 500 GB SSD

Cgminer 3.7.2 for Mac OS X, Asteroid frontend, Usually run both cards at intensity of 11. Getting Avg of 80kH/s Hashrate.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: