Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 06:14:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Pool or solo mining?  (Read 1203 times)
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:41:35 PM

Reading all the stories it sounds real easy to get a quick profit with mining. But I believe these days are long gone.
I bought my first 5Ghash asic in march this year. I got it finally in October and since then I barely got my investment back.
Now I mine 50 Euro cents per day, and that's already minus the electricity costs.
With the prospect of a rising difficulty and many more miners, I wouldn't recommend mining.

But if you just want to contribute to the safety of Bitcoin by adding mining power, I can only welcome that.

BTW, you can probably make more money by trading Bitcoin.

Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:35:47 PM

Reading all the stories it sounds real easy to get a quick profit with mining. But I believe these days are long gone.
I bought my first 5Ghash asic in march this year. I got it finally in October and since then I barely got my investment back.
Now I mine 50 Euro cents per day, and that's already minus the electricity costs.
With the prospect of a rising difficulty and many more miners, I wouldn't recommend mining.

But if you just want to contribute to the safety of Bitcoin by adding mining power, I can only welcome that.

BTW, you can probably make more money by trading Bitcoin.
Mining BTC is not profitable, go for LTC, GLC, NEC or NMC in my opinion. I'm mining Lottocoin for fun right now, to see if it will be worth anything in a month or two. I get 25k/hr solomining with a 7950 (1000MHz/900MHz so not even on full capacity, even underclocked it). If I sell the 200k I got in 8hrs to someone today I get like $27. That's around $3.4 per hour which is pretty good.
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2013, 04:18:15 PM

If you have an ASIC for Bitcoin mining, can you use this also for certain alt coins?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 04:25:54 PM

If you are mining Bitcoins or Litecoins, I would strongly recommend you to use pool mining. However, you can try solo mining with some of the newer altcoins.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: