Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 06:07:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinbase made a 14000$ charge on my card with no bitcoin-15 day no reply  (Read 1082 times)
costapete (OP)

Activity: 208
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:07:50 AM

i found two charges that resulted in 14 K on my card attached to coinbase that isnt in my trasaction history nor gave me bitcoin in m wallet!

15 days after making the ticket no reply still!!

scammers    large company cant even reply to.  red alert ticket!

shameful
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:41:22 AM

AMAZING COMPANY

Have you disputed the charge?
DeeBo

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:58:31 AM

You'll get that charge reversed easily.  I would first contact Coinbase because it will be quicker if they reverse the charge from their end (your credit card company will tell you the same thing if you go to them first.)  If, however, they don't get back to you in a reasonable timeframe, dispute the charge with your credit card company.  A $14K transaction to a credit card almost screams fraud so you shouldn't have any problems winning over the dispute.

As a side note, if nothing is showing on your Coinbase account, I would say there's a good chance that your credit card number was stolen and the thief put it in a Coinbase account (probably stolen from someone else) to enable instant purchases.  Coinbase will only charge a credit card if the ACH transaction with the linked bank account bounces.
hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 02:00:47 AM

I hope you get the money back fast.  That is a long time to wait with no response what so ever.  I commend you for your patience.  Not so sure I would have handled it the same way u did haha.

Borbolon

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:08:35 AM

Shocked
You should definetively contact your bank ASAP, even if you are going to try to get coinbase to reverse the charge, so they are already warned, you've waited long enough already.
nate008

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:28:04 AM

You have 15 days with no reply to your tickets and you haven't already asked for your bank for a charge back?
Be careful there are some who won't allow you to file a dispute after 30 days have passed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: