Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:59:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Twitter] U.S. Republican Party wants this account, but I want to give it to you  (Read 782 times)
IS (OP)

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:43:10 AM

The House Republican Conference (gop.gov) emailed me about a week ago and asked if I would transfer a Twitter account I had registered to them. To quote, they were "hoping [I'm] holding onto the handle until it’s ready to be used".

I'm not.

The account is @HouseGOP. I'm willing to give it to whoever puts up the most BTC. I assume they want this account to counter the "opposition" party account, @HouseDemocrats. If you really love the Republican Party and think they should own this account, buy it and give it to them. If you really HATE the Republican Party and think they should NEVER own this account, buy it and use it to ridicule them! Its fate is in your hands.

I also own @House_GOP and @Senate_GOP which are valuable alternatives.

Will escrow with trusted member if desired. Reply or PM me with your bid or BIN offer. Bidding starts at BTC .1. Ends Saturday night @ 11:59 PM ET.

BTC: 1H5czwyUdsZkdUPLxnsDvbaq24KL1srZ1X
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IamRichard

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:44:00 AM

Proof they wanted it?
IS (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:12:11 AM

Proof they wanted it?

IS (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:27:36 AM

Ends 11:59 pm ET tonight (6 am GMT Saturday) if current bid isn't beaten.

Current bid BTC .1

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:38:21 AM

And what happens when twitter steps in and just takes it from you or whoever buys? You know twitter will just give them the handle if they want it that bad, if it does happen now it will happen after they are done waiting. So this is a horrible deal.
IS (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:13:28 PM

And what happens when twitter steps in and just takes it from you or whoever buys? You know twitter will just give them the handle if they want it that bad, if it does happen now it will happen after they are done waiting. So this is a horrible deal.
No, that's not how Twitter operate. The only way they will turn over usernames is if they've been inactive for 6 months. These accounts have all been tweeted from this month. I have literally hundreds of Twitter accounts for different projects I've done, many of them are valuable handles which would be wanted by "big guns" but Twitter operates on a first-come, first-serve basis.

nitehawk

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Worldcore - Banking for the Future

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 08:11:25 PM

and if your not to careful ( buy replying to that email it may have given them ammo they need) they could file suit and have it taken from you ( taking twitter out of the picture)

▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄
        ▄▄█████████████████████▄
      ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ▄█████████████████▀▀▀██████████
   █████████████████       ███████
  ██████▀▀▀████████   ███   ██████   █
 █████       ██████   ███   ██████   ██
 ████   ███   █████   ███   █████   ███
█████   ███   █████   ███    ████   ████
█████   ███   █████   ████   ████   ████
████    ███   ████   █████   ███   █████
████   ████   ████   █████   ███   █████
▀███   ████   ████   ██████       █████
 ███   █████   ███   ████████▄▄▄███████
  █   ██████   ███   █████████████████
      ███████       █████████████████
     ██████████▄▄▄█████████████████▀
     ▀███████████████████████████▀
       ▀▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Worldcore
▄▄
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
▀▀  ██
    ██
    ▄▄
    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ▀▀
██   
IS (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:26:43 PM

and if your not to careful ( buy replying to that email it may have given them ammo they need) they could file suit and have it taken from you ( taking twitter out of the picture)
I'm not sure what gave you the impression that I replied to that email, but there's no way I would give them that sort of "ammo". Anyhow, the phrase "HouseGOP" is not trademarked, and could refer to anything. It could be a House General Outpost, or House Global Outreach Program, or House General Operating Procedure. No one has any claim to that name Smiley

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:45:42 PM

If you don't give it to them, NOBODY will get the account, because they will just report you for name-squatting and shutdown the account. Did you notice how they asked nicely in the email, but never mentioned compensation? Yeah, they're well aware of this policy.

IS (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:27:11 PM

If you don't give it to them, NOBODY will get the account, because they will just report you for name-squatting and shutdown the account. Did you notice how they asked nicely in the email, but never mentioned compensation? Yeah, they're well aware of this policy.
It's not name-squatting if something is done with the account. Since it was just posted to about a week ago and it's going to be sold in about 6 hours from now, that won't be an issue.

Just over 6 hours left! Current bid BTC .1

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: