Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:31:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trouble configuring P2Pool  (Read 859 times)
infernaltoast (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:34:21 AM

I set up a remote linux server with P2Pool for Litecoin (as a test) and the process boots up perfectly fine and I can even mine to it from the CpuMiner installed on that linux server, pointed at the local address 127.0.0.1:9327.  Unfortunately, when I try to connect to it with a miner app on a different computer, the miner cannot establish a connection!  I can ping the server just fine, and I even opened the firewall to tcp traffic on port 9327 and many other P2Pool-associated ports.  The miner is configured correctly because if I just make the url point to a popular pool server, it works.  My thought is that I either did not config the firewall right, or I did not config P2Pool enough (I barely configured it at all!)  What could I try?  Does anyone have better experience with P2Pool configuration?

Happy mining,

Andrew
Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 05:08:52 AM

Are you sure P2Pool is listening for external connections? It might be listening on the loopback network, in which case attempts to connect from outside will be useless.

(Unfortunately I can't point you off the top of my head to the right place in the config file to check this hypothesis, as I haven't used P2Pool for months.)

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
infernaltoast (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 10:43:20 PM

They very well could be the issue! When the server boots, it says "Listening on '' port 9327 for workers"  and I think the address missing means it is only looking locally.  None of the P2Pool guides I read said anything about configuration like that- does anybody know of any good guides for this?    Huh

Thanks,

Andy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: