Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mars One - What do you think?  (Read 1915 times)
Dreamweaver (OP)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Trying to find my way.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:28:00 AM

Maybe some of you have heard of the Mars One project, where basically starting 2024, 4 people will voluntarily embark on a journey to Mars to live there permanently, with 4 more people being sent every 2 years.

With this being the case, do you see Mars One leading to anything significant in the future? Maybe the start of a new economic frontier?

Will the ability to create cryptographic currencies, seemingly at will, come into play?

Let your imaginations run wild ion anything I didn't mention if you wish, because I fall into that temptation at times when reading about it, kinda like with the whole idea of sea steading. Grin

BTC: 15hfE8dXf13Z1n5WQnpoF24Zr7G8Fv1Ghk
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 08:48:47 AM

Due to distance & limited speed of light, every planet will need its own Alt-Coin. Time to start MarsCoin, you can take it (& migrate the blockchain) with you to Mars  Roll Eyes
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:41:40 PM

Due to distance & limited speed of light, every planet will need its own Alt-Coin. Time to start MarsCoin, you can take it (& migrate the blockchain) with you to Mars  Roll Eyes

I believe that was one of my if not first question/post in this forum. Although science fiction now, the entanglement of particle information phenomenon in quantum mechanic could mean there could be one blockchain for the whole universe no matter where you are in perfect synchronization... In theory.
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 02:48:05 PM

Why should we go to Mars?

Why did Columbus travel west? Why did Marco Polo head east? Because it is that pull, that unknown, that prospect of adventure that compels humans to seek new frontiers to explore.

There are a number of reasons to travel to Mars.

The first is the realization of an amazing dream! Sending a manned mission to Mars is a fantastic adventure. Imagine living on another planet, millions of miles from the Earth; looking up into the sky with the knowledge that one of the 'stars' is actually the planet you were born on. Who can even envision the incredible feeling of being the first human in history to step out of the capsule and leave your footprint on the surface of Mars? By this we implore you to not just think of that feeling for the astronaut, but the experience for all those watching back home. Those who observed Neil Armstrong land on the Moon all those years ago still remember every detail – where they were, who they were with and how they felt. This will be our moment, in 2025.

A second reason is good, old-fashioned curiosity. Where did Mars come from? Can it teach us about Earth's history? Is there life on Mars? These are just three of the hundreds of burning questions for scientists all over the world.

Thirdly: progress. You could say that sending people to Mars is 'the next giant leap for mankind'. This mission will jumpstart massive developments in all kinds of areas, a few examples being in recycling, solar energy, food production and the advancement of medical technology.

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:39:24 PM

I can't believe no one made a thread about this before. What an amazing concept! Grin
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3098

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:18:42 PM

I can't believe no one made a thread about this before. What an amazing concept! Grin

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=367311.100

111 posts.   Tongue

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:25:34 PM

Let's not doom another planet with a monetary system.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
n00ber

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 02:45:30 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2014, 02:58:54 AM by n00ber

If not for our adventurous ancestors migrate to America what might have happen? Industrial revolution would been late or does not happen at all. We don't know what we will discover in Mars. What Mars could have change us.

By going to Mars we will be to force make many things to survive there. Many byproducts and experiences that would be very valuable to the future survival of human race.

madzooka

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:45:19 AM

Maybe some of you have heard of the Mars One project, where basically starting 2024, 4 people will voluntarily embark on a journey to Mars to live there permanently, with 4 more people being sent every 2 years.

With this being the case, do you see Mars One leading to anything significant in the future? Maybe the start of a new economic frontier?

Will the ability to create cryptographic currencies, seemingly at will, come into play?

Let your imaginations run wild ion anything I didn't mention if you wish, because I fall into that temptation at times when reading about it, kinda like with the whole idea of sea steading. Grin

I can't get people who are going to live in space and who spend a lot of money on it.  Our planet is beautiful and still there are lot of things which we haven't learnt and there people haven't been.

Bytecoin (BCN) - true anonymity, privacy protection and only CPU-mining

Bytecoin address - 21eQrEa2wVcdnf8viyaDu78anS4aX3Kvqiyidan25UBCWRokFoTpAHk6hduLR1oBeJ7Map75dCQv4an r2meEiH4wKc1tbQh
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:18:09 AM

Sounds horrible. The idea of leaving and not coming back. But that's the good thing about life, there are plenty of unique people who would have no issue of such things. I guess I would go too if I was paired with a super model hot girlfriend.
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:21:04 AM

I can't get people who are going to live in space and who spend a lot of money on it.  Our planet is beautiful and still there are lot of things which we haven't learnt and there people haven't been.

Your comment is so small minded. If some people go to Mars, then there are still going to be plenty of people on Earth to learn more about it. Not to mention that what we might learn from Mars could help up understand Earth a little better.
noviapriani

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 08:46:26 AM

I'm willing to go to Mars. There will be no problem to me. I will be remembered to be the one pioneers and all martian will be my descendants.

(A)social

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 11:57:08 AM

Sounds horrible. The idea of leaving and not coming back...

...and that you forgot your towel!  Shocked

BTC: 1ASociaLbBZzBUR8hSw8CryajncADsR1m6 - Bitmessage: BM-orfFdAgAmtnBokTivq3vj1RtSVtXbrftM
OpenBazaar Store: https://openbazaar.com/store/QmeCThm8d5zcat7BjGw4SQeovaC5diF9s4b2yTSHWdpzmb
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 12:13:43 PM

I'm going for an adventure!

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
cyrpi4

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:18:17 AM

Sounds horrible. The idea of leaving and not coming back...

...and that you forgot your towel!  Shocked

..... and you forgot to turn off the iron   Grin
I think that's a big price not to be able to come back

Donations: 2235fa09-d5b3-4d5d-9b28-d1281abc1ccb
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:45:08 AM

Sounds horrible. The idea of leaving and not coming back. But that's the good thing about life, there are plenty of unique people who would have no issue of such things. I guess I would go too if I was paired with a super model hot girlfriend.

She won't stay hot forever with all that radiation and dust blizzards on her delicate photogenic skin. Wink
Kaligulax

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:42:08 AM

It would be great to be among the first people who will come to Mars...
and detect traces of long lost Mars civilization... Smiley

1FxCUCAij9FT9fXQSqYHHMiaELhRTAhui6
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 01:18:33 PM

I wanted to apply to this mission, I think it is amazing

Achieving something like that is a blessing

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:23:24 PM

i have no skills (unless you count shotokan karate instructor...not to useful in a closed capsule going to mars) and/or
my ablity not to kill people in close sardineline space

hmmm...come to think of it perhaps the above is needed to get sent to mars as spam in the can for years on end

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:36:22 PM

i have no skills (unless you count shotokan karate instructor...not to useful in a closed capsule going to mars) and/or
my ablity not to kill people in close sardineline space

hmmm...come to think of it perhaps the above is needed to get sent to mars as spam in the can for years on end

Searing

I will secretly send my robots to Mars first, and there they will covertly create mysteries that make Earth people curious about the Red Planet.  These mysteries will astonish the unenlightened and create a meme of The Others.  The Earth people will then go, as they always would, seeking answers.  But whatever they find they must find within themselves, as there will be no answers out in the endless red desert.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: