Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:24:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dissapointing returns Middlecoin  (Read 758 times)
Quacko (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:18:49 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 07:48:36 AM by Quacko

As I can't post in the middlecoin thread yet, i'll do it here. I am getting lower payouts (exchanged) than anticipated since I started mining in the middlecoin pool. When I look in the charts at the people that have similar hashrate than mine, I somehow get a lot less payed out.
I have been mining for more than 2 full days () now and earn rougly 0.0075 BTC per 24h at an average 720kh/s (cgminer average). I have cgwatcher setup, so it's not that cgminer is losing connection or having problems.

My setup has a Gigabyte x280 oc 3GB running at 1049/1500 which gives me the best kh/s. And at the end of the day cgminer actually shows my average to be 720kh/s.

If I were to mine LTC I would earn more. Yet everyone else seems to earn more with middlecoin. I don't get it. Anyone have a clue what the problem could be?
lorix

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:46:41 AM

I've been using Middlecoin now for several week and while it was initially slow, over time it has averaged out much better than direct mining myself.

From what I could see it came down to the immature coins, and while the operator isn't divulging his trading methods my gut feeling is he adopts a hold-and-sell strategy on some of the more volatile coins which is why you may not see a profit coming through for several days.

Stick with it for at least a week before you make your mind up. Make sure you set a secondary failover pool though because I have noticed the odd periods of dropout with the Middlecoin pool and would rather see my rig mining something productively.

Proud family man, futurist and all-round Bitcoin fanatic! Smiley
1KBN5gTzX3ECSu9XHrsZJPsMn7vjT67ciF
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: