Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 07:20:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Howdy! Been mining LTC for a week.  (Read 446 times)
Ness (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:08:31 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 09:45:08 AM by Ness

Howdy folks. I came into this about a week ago not knowing a single thing. I did all the googling I could and I'm currently mining with my Nvidia gaming rig. I know, it's not ideal. Might not even be worth it, but it's definitely got my interest. Perhaps when I'm not poor I'll put together a proper mining rig. Until then, I'm doing the best I can with cudaminer and hoping some advancements come along to improve my hash rate. Here is what I have managed so far. Peaking at 453 kh/s combined.
Hash rate screenshot

I'm running an i7 3770k @4.6ghz, EVGA Z77 FTW mobo, 2 EVGA 670 FTW's that are OC'ed as stable as I could get them, 8gb of ram.
awais3344

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 09:38:56 AM

buy a r9 280x. get a cheap motherboard, little ram under 4gb will be fine. put a cheap 80gb or something like that hard drive. it works fine. No need to waste money on things that you dont need when it comes to mining. You will get 730khash Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
NEOSCOIN
  +POD Developers +Active Community - V2 Coming Soon! Live In-App Trading, Live Pool Stats - IRC - Arbitrush Anonymous System soon!! NEOSCOIN
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:03:53 AM

Sounds like your on the right path for a new comer.  Your quite the go getter.  I'd agree with the previous poster about getting the best rig you possibly can because mining is popular and you don't want to waste time with a rig that won't produce over time.  Very glad to have you here, peace.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: