Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:04:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So... I'm new  (Read 706 times)
Oj0 (OP)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:58:19 AM

I first got into BitCoin a long time ago (I sold coins for less than $0.02 each several years back, gave away dozens of coins... Sad) but this is my first time on Bitcointalk. So... Hi Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:09:59 AM

Hello and welcome! I suggest you read the newbie readme to understand more about how this forum works (newbie restrictions etc).
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:20:47 AM

I first got into BitCoin a long time ago (I sold coins for less than $0.02 each several years back, gave away dozens of coins... Sad) but this is my first time on Bitcointalk. So... Hi Smiley

That's indeed sad Oj0, how many Bitcoins did you sell? Do you have any leftovers, or you sold em all?

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Oj0 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:24:04 AM

Hello and welcome! I suggest you read the newbie readme to understand more about how this forum works (newbie restrictions etc).

Thanks for the link Smiley

It's a weird restriction, what is the point of it? I admin a medium sized (20,000 members) computer component classifieds forum in South Africa and newbies have no restrictions (other than all accounts get manually approved as we keep an eye out for known banned scammers).

I have a thought. I want to keep an online backup of my wallet files, but even though they're encrypted I'm paranoid about security. I was thinking of creating a spanned zip file broken up into three parts which are then uploaded to three different locations (maybe Dropbox, Google Drive and a third? All would use different usernames and passwords). It's just something I thought I'd share.

I first got into BitCoin a long time ago (I sold coins for less than $0.02 each several years back, gave away dozens of coins... Sad) but this is my first time on [Suspicious link removed]o... Hi Smiley

That's indeed sad Oj0, how many Bitcoins did you sell? Do you have any leftovers, or you sold em all?

Far too many. I don't remember the exact figure, but today I'd have been a millionaire many times over Sad
Jacce

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:26:32 AM

Thanks for the link Smiley

It's a weird restriction, what is the point of it? I admin a medium sized (20,000 members) computer component classifieds forum in South Africa and newbies have no restrictions (other than all accounts get manually approved as we keep an eye out for known banned scammers).

I have a thought. I want to keep an online backup of my wallet files, but even though they're encrypted I'm paranoid about security. I was thinking of creating a spanned zip file broken up into three parts which are then uploaded to three different locations (maybe Dropbox, Google Drive and a third? All would use different usernames and passwords). It's just something I thought I'd share.

I first got into BitCoin a long time ago (I sold coins for less than $0.02 each several years back, gave away dozens of coins... Sad) but this is my first time on [Suspicious link removed]o... Hi Smiley

Far too many. I don't remember the exact figure, but today I'd have been a millionaire many times over Sad

Probably, there aren't enough mods on this forum to manually approve the accounts.
Oj0 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:38:21 AM

Well seeing as this section only has two mods and from what I can tell accounts are upgraded 24/7 once they hit the four hour mark, there's no manual intervention in upgrading accounts - hence I don't understand the four hour wait Smiley
will1234

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:55:01 AM

I've tried to post on here a few times but for some reason they never appear in the thread - however if I try and resubmit the message I'm told its already been posted.  V strange.
Oj0 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:23:05 PM

I don't see any posts by you. Maybe change a couple of letters around so it doesn't get detected as being the same message and try again?
Jacce

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:47:58 PM

Well seeing as this section only has two mods and from what I can tell accounts are upgraded 24/7 once they hit the four hour mark, there's no manual intervention in upgrading accounts - hence I don't understand the four hour wait Smiley

Well, before they hit that four hour mark, they have to post. And even though the mods themselves don't check all posts, people are usually reporting those that are spamming resulting in them often getting banned before they can spam in other sections. So the newbie section acts like a sandbox, kinda.
jchi18

Activity: 88

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 12:52:49 PM

I am new to this forum myself.  I have some bitcoin and am starting mining.  Greetings all.
Oj0 (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:12:21 PM

Well, before they hit that four hour mark, they have to post. And even though the mods themselves don't check all posts, people are usually reporting those that are spamming resulting in them often getting banned before they can spam in other sections. So the newbie section acts like a sandbox, kinda.

Hmmm, with only two mods here I doubt they can cover reports 24 hours per day, but I get what you mean. Even if they do spam their way through the four hours, it's a form of damage control elsewhere for those four hours. Interesting way of doing it, of all the forums I've moderated or adminned I haven't seen it done this way before. I'm just curious Smiley
ijuststarted

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:53:25 PM

Well, the title of the thread suits quite good Smiley
Hello to everyone. Finally i signed up here. After researching quite a while about bitcoin & altcoins I'm ready to join in on the fun Wink.
Thanks to some good HowTos & tutorials I know how to solo & pool mine and will focus on some hopefully promising altcoins in the beginning!
Cheers to everyone. Have a great day!
bctrade64

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:11:17 PM

Just in here to drop a hello   Grin

I started with BC some month ago and so far I’ve been on the buyer’s side.
Made my first purchase about one week ago and I start to love the idea to have an alternative currency.

Playing with the idea to start something commercial but it seems like legal restrictions are a pain in the a** (at least here in Germany).
If anyone has already done some steps in this section……HELP ME   Wink

cryptoprime

Activity: 57

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:11:44 PM

Hello and welcome back from a long ago $0.02 BTC era. Wow... it's not too late to get reacquainted, check out the latest, LOTTOCOIN in my sig. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: