Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:50:05 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is a global and local currency at the same time  (Read 525 times)
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 11:39:06 AM

Yeah, still totally separated from traditional government issued currency.

Gold isn't the answer.
Desensitizer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:23:02 PM

How are bitcoins a local currency in any way, shape, or form? They are based on the concept that they are a universal, decentralized means of paying for things that are not constrained by any banking system. Unless you provide evidence to the contrary they seem to be almost purely global to me.
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 03:52:20 PM

How are bitcoins a local currency in any way, shape, or form? They are based on the concept that they are a universal, decentralized means of paying for things that are not constrained by any banking system. Unless you provide evidence to the contrary they seem to be almost purely global to me.

It means bitcoins do not interfere with global or local economics in a negative way.

Except for bankers and government that build jobs from controlling medians of exchange.

Gold isn't the answer.
joecooin

Activity: 359

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:53:46 PM

In my neighborhood (the often described 'Bitcoinkiez' in Berlin) where we have actual Bitcoin-based economic cycles starting we do indeed call it 'our alternative local currency with global reach'.

Because right now it feels that retailwise one can only use it here to this extend.

This is, of course, only a temporary phenomenon I guess Wink.

Joe

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: